What Type Of Betta Do I Have? Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by AloeInkblots, Aug 20, 2019.

1. AloeInkblots

AloeInkblotsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    So I have a Betta, his name is Crook.
    Whenever I purchased him, he was labeled as a double tail. But as far as patterns go, I'm not certain.

It's hard to tell if he is truly a double tail, at least for me it is. I'm far from being an expert. What tail type do you think he is?

However, I believe I've narrowed it down to two possible patterns.

The first is Cambodian. From the research I have done, Cambodian bettas are typically red in the fins, although other colors are possible. He's mainly blue but the base of his pectoral fins are red. My betta most closely resembles this pattern.

Second is piebald. Now I understand that piebalds are typically only white headed and have a solid colored body. Though they can have some butterfly-like patterning on the fins, or even have slight marbling. I'm aware that this is the less likely option.

I've added several photos of Crook in hopes that I might get a solid answer as to what he is.

IMG_20190618_124603705.IMG_20190618_124602933.IMG_20190618_124301657.IMG_20190605_013627383.IMG_20190605_013554733.IMG_20190603_005604726.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. KatLovesCoffee

KatLovesCoffeeValued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +55
    Experience:
    5 years
    My best guess is that he’s a marble, and they like to morph. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up with a lot more color. He looks like a DT to me. They tend to have thicker bodies and more exuberant dorsal fins. But, I would say he is not a Cambodian. :)

ETA: I love marbles. They are like living Easter eggs. They have been my favorite coloration I’ve ever kept. Enjoy watching him change! He’s lovely.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  3. pongoandfriends22

pongoandfriends22Valued MemberMember

Ratings:
    +17
    He looks like a blue marble to me! I had one that looked just like that who I named Scrump!

4. OP
    OP
    AloeInkblots

AloeInkblotsNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +6
    Experience:
    2 years
    I never would have thought marble. Not based on the ones I've seen online at least. Thank you though!

5. KatLovesCoffee

Ratings:
    +55
    Experience:
    5 years
    I’ll have to see if I can find some pictures of one of my marble boys I had. Beautiful white and royal blue. He was mostly white.

Within like 2 months he was largely blue and black.

6. KatLovesCoffee

Ratings:
    +55
    Experience:
    5 years
    Ok. I couldn’t find one of the HM prior to his changing. He was halfway morphed here. He used to be almost all white.

The HMPK didn’t change much but his marbling was a little less defined.

Attached Files:

Become a Fishlore Member