What Type Of Algae Is This? Question 

Sambit

Reaction score
Hello,

What type of algae is this? I m currently in a cycle process in my new 5 gallon planted Betta tank. So no fishes are there but some pest snails are there.I noticed this algae like 2 days ago. so kinda curious about it.

Thx

Attachments

Zigi Zig

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello
Is Diatoms. Those are usually one of the first types of algae to grow in a new aquarium, appearing on the glass and gravel. As your tank matures diatom growth usually declines and becomes unnoticeable and normally disappear over time. Diatoms may coat poorly growing plants and dying leaves. If your tap water is high in silicates it may cause excess diatom growth. Solution is test your tap water or purchase filtered water.

Sambit

Reaction score
Zigi Zig said:
Hello
Is Diatoms. Those are usually one of the first types of algae to grow in a new aquarium, appearing on the glass and gravel. As your tank matures diatom growth usually declines and becomes unnoticeable and normally disappear over time. Diatoms may coat poorly growing plants and dying leaves. If your tap water is high in silicates it may cause excess diatom growth. Solution is test your tap water or purchase filtered water.
Thank you very much for your answer and sry for my late reply. About the filtered water, what do u mean by that? Should i use Water purifier water? I have a UV+UF water filter, so should i use that water?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom