What Type Is My Betta Fish?

Hailey83

Reaction score
Hi! I just got my Betta Fish a few days ago from a local pet store in my town. Unlike the chain pet stores like Petco or Petsmart, these ones weren’t labeled with what kind they were. The pet store did say he was a prized beta and I paid $20 for him. So I was just wondering if anyone could verify what breed he is! I was comparing pictures and his tail sort of looks like a delta too me. Also is he a younger fish? His tail and fins aren’t long and pretty like other ones I’ve seen.

Attachments

TheBettaSushi

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi! I just got my Betta Fish a few days ago from a local pet store in my town. Unlike the chain pet stores like Petco or Petsmart, these ones weren’t labeled with what kind they were. The pet store did say he was a prized beta and I paid $20 for him. So I was just wondering if anyone could verify what breed he is! I was comparing pictures and his tail sort of looks like a delta too me. Also is he a younger fish? His tail and fins aren’t long and pretty like other ones I’ve seen.
His caudal fin looks like a plaket. He has a hump so don’t think he’s young.

Here’s mine. I also paid $20 for him but I found him at petco. He’s a koi plakat. He was a bit younger then but he’s grown since.

DED2D5EC-D0AF-4C24-8448-DCCEBE969167.jpeg
2555EC2C-8514-4015-8C0E-CD7C2463B599.jpeg

Last edited:

Repolie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
He's full grown and he's a variety of short finned bettas called plakat. As for what specific type of plakat he is, you would have to see him flaring.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would say he is no more than a super delta plakat (up to 179 degree spread), but I believe the store sold you a tale. He is very pretty and will make a good pet, but he would not be considered for showing based on his spoon head. Otherwise his color is very even and uniformity in color is good.

Evee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Beautiful betta!! :emoji_hearts:

Evee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom