What TV shows have you recently watched?

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
Like in the last few months......I recently finished The Umbrella Academy, Ozark, In the Dark, Locke and Key, You, and The Outer Banks. All were fabulous.

You?
 

CaptainAquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,461
I have been watching all the Star Trek series. I watched all of “The Next Generation” and am like 5 episodes away from finishing “Voyager”.

EDIT: Next up “Enterprise”
 

CTYankee79

Active Member
Member
Messages
327
Love Ozark...You is a great show too
Finished Money Heist recently. Watching Killing Eve right now, it’s really well made, acting is fantastic.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,129
We are currently binging on Dexter. Recently watched Turn:Washington's Spies and got caught up on American Horror Story
 

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,854
Watching season 2 of the umbrella academy now. Peaky Blinders was great as was the Ozarks.
 

CTYankee79

Active Member
Member
Messages
327
Betta'sAnonymous said:
We are currently binging on Dexter. Recently watched Turn:Washington's Spies and got caught up on American Horror Story
Dexter is seriously one of my favorite shows of all time
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
Betta'sAnonymous said:
We are currently binging on Dexter. Recently watched Turn:Washington's Spies and got caught up on American Horror Story
So you haven't seen AHS 1984 yet? :hilarious: Apocalypse wasn't too bad because I loved Coven.
CTYankee79 said:
Love Ozark...You is a great show too
Finished Money Heist recently. Watching Killing Eve right now, it’s really well made, acting is fantastic.
Wyatt and Darlene seriously creep me out. :depressed: You is soooooo good!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
86 ssinit said:
Watching season 2 of the umbrella academy now. Peaky Blinders was great as was the Ozarks.
OMG Umbrella is my favorite!!!!!!!!! I watched it in 1 day....lol
 

FishBoi670

New Member
Member
Messages
30
Lucifer and The Magicians! Granted I'm rewatching both of them, but the new season of Lucifer is supposed to be out this month :)
 

CorydorasCats

Active Member
Member
Messages
129
Have you watched ‘How to get away with murder’? That is soooo good! Wish I could unsee it and watch it all again! :joyful:
 

Leeman75

Well Known
Member
Messages
725
I guess I'm the weird one as I haven't watched any of those...

I've been stuck on River Monsters and reruns of the Office and Home Improvement. If I get bored with those, I've watched some White Sox games...so glad to have baseball back on tv!!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #13
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
CorydorasCats said:
Have you watched ‘How to get away with murder’? That is soooo good! Wish I could unsee it and watch it all again! :joyful:
No I haven't.
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,129
StarGirl said:
So you haven't seen AHS 1984 yet? :hilarious: Apocalypse wasn't too bad because I loved Coven.

Wyatt and Darlene seriously creep me out. :depressed: You is soooooo good!
Yeah, we haven't watched 1984 yet...i liked the Coven and Freak Show pretty well
 

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,854
Netflix has way to many good shows. Another one is mind hunters. On prime The Boys should be starting a second season soon. Finished umbrella!
 

WrenFeenix

Well Known
Member
Messages
695
Working on season 2 of Golden Kamuy from iTunes. I like anime that doesn’t follow the usual anime cliches.
Been also watching a lot of Warehouse 13 lately.
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
Just finished Umbrella Academy season 2. It is a good show. I like the actor that plays Luthor. He played Billy Bones in "Black Sails," which is in my top 5 TV shows of all time, and I've liked him ever since.

Dark, a German science fiction show about time travel and all that it implies, is superb. I had to switch from subtitles to audio overdub, though, as my eyes are just not what they used to be.

I watched all the Star Wars movies, in order, including the extended universe stuff. So I stuck "Rogue 1" in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and The Mandalorian in between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. The prequels are still terrible, but Sith is an OK movie if you can look past its glaring flaws, most of which are Hayden Christensen related. You can completely skip Phantom Menace and Clone Wars, and lose absolutely nothing from the story.

"Happy!" and "The Boys" are two awesome shows if you are into kinda disturbing weirdness. And I am. See also "Preacher." And Ruth Negga makes me feel funny.

I watched "The Witcher." I have no idea what is going on there, but I'm a fan of Henry Cavill ever since he did The Tudors (also worth watching) so I guess I liked it.

The animated series "Undone" is nothing short of brilliant. Also top 5 all time for me.

"Love Death and Robots" has some great moments in it, as well as two stories penned by John Scalzi, one of my favorite popcorn authors.

"Hanna" is a pretty good television transition from a really good, if under-seen film of the same name. That was an early Saoirse Ronan film, and I really dig her.

"Into the Badlands" is plane old fashioned Kung Fu action ridiculousness. Great show.

The second season of "Homecoming" was a worthy followup to a really good first season. A show that intelligently deals with veterans issues without really talking about it is always OK with me.

Everyone should watch "Chernobyl." Object lessons in vanity that we apparently still haven't learned.

I've got a reading list about that long, too. :D
 

Thibault Drake

Active Member
Member
Messages
353
Leeman75 said:
I guess I'm the weird one as I haven't watched any of those...

I've been stuck on River Monsters and reruns of the Office and Home Improvement. If I get bored with those, I've watched some White Sox games...so glad to have baseball back on tv!!
I like this one.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #22
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
Betta'sAnonymous said:
Yeah, we haven't watched 1984 yet...i liked the Coven and Freak Show pretty well
My 2 favorites. Loved Dandy...lol
 

Betta'sAnonymous

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,129
StarGirl said:
My 2 favorites. Loved Dandy...lol
We only got a couple seasons left of Dexter....i vote we watch Breaking Bad next...though knowing us we will probably watch a season or 2 of The Office....again, first
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #24
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
I started The Magicians today. Looks pretty good so far! ;)
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #25
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
FishBoi670 said:
Lucifer and The Magicians! Granted I'm rewatching both of them, but the new season of Lucifer is supposed to be out this month :)
OMG the Magicians is so good! Thanks! I finished season 1. :D
 

Magnus919

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Umbrella Academy for sure.

I like the comic book inspired content. And I kind of like the "loser heroes" which I guess is why I like Umbrella Academy so much. Along those lines, I also like Doom Patrol on HBO.

Stargirl has been way too good for a CW type show. Yes, it's got that CW sappiness to it. But characters die real deaths, sometimes quite violently. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Lucifer is back on Netflix. I just watched episode 1 of the new season last night and TBH I was underwhelmed. This was never one of the great shows and I was never really able to binge on it. Sorry, don't hate me, but this is kind of a meh show and I don't get the cult appeal.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #27
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
Magnus919 said:
Umbrella Academy for sure.

I like the comic book inspired content. And I kind of like the "loser heroes" which I guess is why I like Umbrella Academy so much. Along those lines, I also like Doom Patrol on HBO.

Stargirl has been way too good for a CW type show. Yes, it's got that CW sappiness to it. But characters die real deaths, sometimes quite violently. I'm looking forward to Season 2.

Lucifer is back on Netflix. I just watched episode 1 of the new season last night and TBH I was underwhelmed. This was never one of the great shows and I was never really able to binge on it. Sorry, don't hate me, but this is kind of a meh show and I don't get the cult appeal.
I love, love, love Umbrella.

"In the dark" is a CW show that is really good too. Definitely NOT a campy CW show. A blind hot mess and her friends try to find who killed her best friend. Drug dealers, bad cops, It is a great show.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #29
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
FishBoi670 said:
Glad you liked it. I can't get enough of Margo and Eliot haha
Penny is my favorite! His one liners! :hilarious: I love the duo too! I don't know what to make of Alice yet, that chick has some baggage! OMG her parents! LOL
 

Wnrwade

New Member
Member
Messages
27
Jerome O'Neil said:
Just finished Umbrella Academy season 2. It is a good show. I like the actor that plays Luthor. He played Billy Bones in "Black Sails," which is in my top 5 TV shows of all time, and I've liked him ever since.

Dark, a German science fiction show about time travel and all that it implies, is superb. I had to switch from subtitles to audio overdub, though, as my eyes are just not what they used to be.

I watched all the Star Wars movies, in order, including the extended universe stuff. So I stuck "Rogue 1" in between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and The Mandalorian in between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens. The prequels are still terrible, but Sith is an OK movie if you can look past its glaring flaws, most of which are Hayden Christensen related. You can completely skip Phantom Menace and Clone Wars, and lose absolutely nothing from the story.

"Happy!" and "The Boys" are two awesome shows if you are into kinda disturbing weirdness. And I am. See also "Preacher." And Ruth Negga makes me feel funny.

I watched "The Witcher." I have no idea what is going on there, but I'm a fan of Henry Cavill ever since he did The Tudors (also worth watching) so I guess I liked it.

The animated series "Undone" is nothing short of brilliant. Also top 5 all time for me.

"Love Death and Robots" has some great moments in it, as well as two stories penned by John Scalzi, one of my favorite popcorn authors.

"Hanna" is a pretty good television transition from a really good, if under-seen film of the same name. That was an early Saoirse Ronan film, and I really dig her.

"Into the Badlands" is plane old fashioned Kung Fu action ridiculousness. Great show.

The second season of "Homecoming" was a worthy followup to a really good first season. A show that intelligently deals with veterans issues without really talking about it is always OK with me.

Everyone should watch "Chernobyl." Object lessons in vanity that we apparently still haven't learned.

I've got a reading list about that long, too. :D
Chernobyl is great. I have been watching Bosch and man in the high castle
 

FishBoi670

New Member
Member
Messages
30
StarGirl said:
Penny is my favorite! His one liners! :hilarious: I love the duo too! I don't know what to make of Alice yet, that chick has some baggage! OMG her parents! LOL
I actually didn't like Penny at first. His personality was a little too abrasive for me. Same goes for Alice, but they all definitely grew on me lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of the seasons because the character/plot development in this show is crazy :cat:
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #32
OP
StarGirl

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,406
FishBoi670 said:
I actually didn't like Penny at first. His personality was a little too abrasive for me. Same goes for Alice, but they all definitely grew on me lol. Hope you enjoy the rest of the seasons because the character/plot development in this show is crazy :cat:
Oh I can imagine! There has been sooooo much already! ;)
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
Wnrwade said:
Chernobyl is great. I have been watching Bosch and man in the high castle
I typically don't like cop shows, but Bosch is great. The guy that played Veronica William's attorney in season 2 is a really close friend. I was surprised when he popped up there.
 

Wnrwade

New Member
Member
Messages
27
Thats awesome. Now I need to see who that is again. I really like watching the wire also but I like detective shows
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
Wnrwade said:
Thats awesome. Now I need to see who that is again. I really like watching the wire also but I like detective shows
The Wire is utterly fantastic. It is barely even a cop show.
 

Magnus919

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
jmaldo said:
Well just finished this:

I liked it.
Devs is one of the most beautiful shows to come out in years. But it's also very cerebral. I loved it, but a lot of the people around me couldn't follow.
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
CaptainAquatics said:
I have been watching all the Star Trek series. I watched all of “The Next Generation” and am like 5 episodes away from finishing “Voyager”.

EDIT: Next up “Enterprise”
I just finished up season 1 of Discovery. I really like what they've done with it. It is supposed to take place 10 years before the original series. The Klingons are awesome.
 

Magnus919

Active Member
Member
Messages
71
Jerome O'Neil said:
I just finished up season 1 of Discovery. I really like what they've done with it. It is supposed to take place 10 years before the original series. The Klingons are awesome.
Season 2 gets better.
 

Lakefish

Active Member
Member
Messages
77
I finished the third and last season of Kingdom last night. I'm so sad it's done. Really good acting, and there wasn't anything "gratuitous" in there, nothing was over the top. Worth watching, if you're not put off by fighting sports.
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
Lakefish said:
I finished the third and last season of Kingdom last night. I'm so sad it's done. Really good acting, and there wasn't anything "gratuitous" in there, nothing was over the top. Worth watching, if you're not put off by fighting sports.
Which "Kingdom" is this?

There is an excellent Korean zombie tale called "Kingdom" that is pretty gory, and also excellent.
 

Lakefish

Active Member
Member
Messages
77
It’s the “Kingdom” series on Netflix, about am MMA gym and the family that owns it.
Where is the one you liked available?
 

Fisch

Active Member
Member
Messages
474
I don't even have a TV....my fish tanks are my TVs and there is always some kind of drama going on.
 

Jerome O'Neil

Active Member
Member
Messages
447
Lakefish said:
It’s the “Kingdom” series on Netflix, about am MMA gym and the family that owns it.
Where is the one you liked available?
It's also on Netflix. Here is the trailer.

 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom