What to stock?

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey guys. So I'm now cycled and ready to stock my tank. I have a 29 gallon. I want a variety of fish that go well in a community. I'd also like some Corys. Let me know what I can stock with and how many of each fish...just need a little bit of help!! Thanks!

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow...that is a good mixture. I like corys. I've heard good things about them. What about throwing some loaches in there. I have a sand bed, I'd like to add some of them so they can mix the bed up a little bit.

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll post back up here what I put in. I should be getting my stock in a few days....just have to do the big water change as the add and wait methods says to do.

kacie

Valued Member
Reaction score
I want loaches too but have tank size issues. There are two smaller kinds of loaches, dwarf chain and Zebra. I have no idea how hard they are to find but the dwarfs are very cute and only grow to 2.5 inches and the Zebra to 4 inches.

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I want loaches too but have tank size issues. There are two smaller kinds of loaches, dwarf chain and Zebra. I have no idea how hard they are to find but the dwarfs are very cute and only grow to 2.5 inches and the Zebra to 4 inches.
Loaches are probably one of the first things I'm going to add. I just did my big water change today (about 90% lol). I'm going to give it a couple days for the temperature to come down and for all the dust to settle, then add fish. I definitely want some Cardinals...and this type of tetra, but I forget what they're called.

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
how about 4 albino corys, 3 yoyo loaches, 6 cardinals and what ever other tetra you want?
I think I could go with that. The other tetras are called glowlight tetras!! I really like them!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom