What to stock?

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey guys. So I'm now cycled and ready to stock my tank. I have a 29 gallon. I want a variety of fish that go well in a community. I'd also like some Corys. Let me know what I can stock with and how many of each fish...just need a little bit of help!! Thanks!

richard7467

Valued Member
Reaction score
how about 6 cardinals pair of honey gouramis 4 albino cory's(vey active little fish although do better in schools of six or more i have 4 and they spawned last week!)and2 platies

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Wow...that is a good mixture. I like corys. I've heard good things about them. What about throwing some loaches in there. I have a sand bed, I'd like to add some of them so they can mix the bed up a little bit.

richard7467

Valued Member
Reaction score
well that would be your lot if you wont be able to put clown loaches in as they can grow up to 12 inches you could put a kuhli in i guess!

laur.laur.234

Valued Member
Reaction score
mollies, pleaties, tetra, rosbara's, corys as many as you want but not going overboard. Good luck!!!

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'll post back up here what I put in. I should be getting my stock in a few days....just have to do the big water change as the add and wait methods says to do.

kacie

Valued Member
Reaction score
I want loaches too but have tank size issues. There are two smaller kinds of loaches, dwarf chain and Zebra. I have no idea how hard they are to find but the dwarfs are very cute and only grow to 2.5 inches and the Zebra to 4 inches.

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
kacie said:
I want loaches too but have tank size issues. There are two smaller kinds of loaches, dwarf chain and Zebra. I have no idea how hard they are to find but the dwarfs are very cute and only grow to 2.5 inches and the Zebra to 4 inches.
Loaches are probably one of the first things I'm going to add. I just did my big water change today (about 90% lol). I'm going to give it a couple days for the temperature to come down and for all the dust to settle, then add fish. I definitely want some Cardinals...and this type of tetra, but I forget what they're called.

platy ben

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
how about 4 albino corys, 3 yoyo loaches, 6 cardinals and what ever other tetra you want?

FishGuy86

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
platy ben said:
how about 4 albino corys, 3 yoyo loaches, 6 cardinals and what ever other tetra you want?
I think I could go with that. The other tetras are called glowlight tetras!! I really like them!

Jo3olous

Valued Member
Reaction score
3 yoyo loaches, 6 tiger barbs, and 6-7 bleeding heart tetras, I thinnk that would be right at capacity too. You'd probably break the inch per gallon rule, but the fish all take up different areas of the tank. Tiger barbs just make everything exciting, and the bleeding hearts are quick enough so that the barbs wont waste their time, they'll be busy with each other anyway

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom