What to stock

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atmmachine816, Apr 15, 2006.

1. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Just wanted to get a vote from all you guys on what you would stock a 10 gallon tank with if you could stock it with anything you wanted. That's my project right now is to find homes for my baby guppies and make it into a planted or species tank. Anyways tell me what you would put in it already if you could. ;D

Austin

2. fish_r_friendWell Known MemberMember

3 corys and 4 male endlers a snail that will not eat plants

3. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

Well, I have Guppies and Platys in mine (the Otos are moving out)...but you could have tetras...or barbs...or danios...or a male Betta...or female Bettas...or other livebearers...or Dwarf Gouramis...and then you could add catfish...or loaches...or shrimp...or snails...
    heh heh ::) I really don't know what I would get, it would depend on what fish I already had in other tanks and what I felt like and maybe what my brother or mum likes...
    just get whatever you want! ;)

4. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

I'd probably get a betta as a "showcase" fish, and then 4 or so cories.

5. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

I'm thinking maybe some kulis and a betta if that would work.

6. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I'm thinking a 10 is too small for Kuhlis...

7. newbie101Well Known MemberMember

ya because they like to be in groups and wont be happy if they aren't, plus they should have sand

8. batattackValued MemberMember

I would stock it with Cory's

9. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

Ya I was thinking the same thing emma and 0morrokh that they would be to big.
    3 kuhlis, 4" each=roughly 12" and they like more than three so ya unfortunatly that would be a no and the angels will view them as food so no kuhlis for me for a looonnnggg time.
    Now cories, if I got the small type.
    5 cories, 2" each=roughly 10" plus a betta might work.

10. Joe GValued MemberMember

i would probably stock it with some plates
    like the green neon painted moon platy

11. CraigWell Known MemberMember

i would go 4 a betta with 3 panda cory cats would look well maybe a live plant in there as well

C W

12. ShortyValued MemberMember

I would go for a Betta, with a live plant or 2 of they were small enough, and then if you could get in 3 corys or instead of corys a bristle nose - dunno if that would get too big eventually or not. If he would you could have maybe a nice snail :)

13. atmmachine816Fishlore VIPMember

It's going to be a planted tank with CO2 and ferts hopefully so a betta would be in pratically heaven. Panda corys like to be in groups of eight I think. BN's get around four inches, have one in my 29.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice