What to stock

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just wanted to get a vote from all you guys on what you would stock a 10 gallon tank with if you could stock it with anything you wanted. That's my project right now is to find homes for my baby guppies and make it into a planted or species tank. Anyways tell me what you would put in it already if you could. ;D

Austin

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well, I have Guppies and Platys in mine (the Otos are moving out)...but you could have tetras...or barbs...or danios...or a male Betta...or female Bettas...or other livebearers...or Dwarf Gouramis...and then you could add catfish...or loaches...or shrimp...or snails...
heh heh : I really don't know what I would get, it would depend on what fish I already had in other tanks and what I felt like and maybe what my brother or mum likes...
just get whatever you want!

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm thinking a 10 is too small for Kuhlis...

newbie101

Well Known
Reaction score
ya because they like to be in groups and won't be happy if they aren't, plus they should have sand

OP
atmmachine816

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ya I was thinking the same thing emma and 0morrokh that they would be to big.
3 kuhlis, 4" each=roughly 12" and they like more than three so ya unfortunatly that would be a no and the angels will view them as food so no kuhlis for me for a looonnnggg time.
Now cories, if I got the small type.
5 cories, 2" each=roughly 10" plus a betta might work.

Joe G

Reaction score
I would probably stock it with some plates
like the green neon painted moon platy

Shorty

Reaction score
I would go for a Betta, with a live plant or 2 of they were small enough, and then if you could get in 3 corys or instead of corys a bristle nose - dunno if that would get too big eventually or not. If he would you could have maybe a nice snail

New Threads