What To Put In My New 50 Gallon?????

1. clownloachy Initiate Member

Well, i got a new 50 gallon for christmas, and i dont know what to do with it. im really stuck here! im eager to get this thing up and running, its got some sword ferns, and its about 18 inches deep, with pea gravel subsrate. real natural looking. does any body have any suggestions? ive been trying to figure this out for months, but im no good at figuring out how big every bodys gonna grow, whos compatible with who, and fish space per tank. does anydody have a succesful 50 gallon community tank i could get suggestions from??:;dk

2. platy ben Well Known Member Member

As your tank is 18 Inches deep and you have sword ferns, Angelfish would be perfect :)
    How about,

2 Angelfish
    8 Tetras
    6 corydoras
    2 keyhole cichlids

3. GMCMaxx Member Member

I have a 55gallon tank. Maybe you could do something like my setup. Check out my aquarium info to the left. There's always movement around the tank. Not boring to watch at all!

4. kacie Member Member

8 Bloodfin Tetras
    5 Gymnogeophagus Meridionalis
    1 BN Pleco
    6 peppered cories

5. clownloachy Initiate Member

Thank you all! those are all great suggestions! Im glad the angelfish will be okay, their really amazing to watch. I didn't know many compatible fish to keep with them so the angel setups are great! Thank you thank thank you! :;perfect

6. clownloachy Initiate Member

Platy Ben, i researched the keyhole cichlids and they sound like great little fish! i am certainly going to consider a pair for my tank! thanks!:;hf

7. platy ben Well Known Member Member

No problem :) They are very placid cichlids :), and they look beautiful :D