What to put in a AquaEl Hexa 60 tank

rsands

Reaction score
I am interested to know how may fish you can put in a hexa 60 (60litre but after gravel, etc...obviously its not 60L lol) tank?

I want a friendly bunch...based around: 1 male swordfish and another one i dont know the name off...its a yellow fadin to a slight orange with a black bit on its sides?

clear.gif

Thanks

Richard Sands

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Sounds like you have approximately a 16 gallon tank so 16" of fish (at adult size) would be a limit to shoot for. Livebearers like male platys or male guppies would be pretty peaceful fish and you could fit 7-8 platys in your tank or 10 guppies.

rsands

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Is that 7-8 platys alongside a swordtail and the other one i dont know the name off? I take it they wont fight with each other as there would be no female fish in the tank?

Thanks

Richard Sands

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
rsands said:
Thanks for your advice. Is that 7-8 platys alongside a swordtail and the other one i dont know the name off? I take it they wont fight with each other as there would be no female fish in the tank?
That's for just platys. Platys average about 2" at adult size. Swordtails can get up to 5" at adult size (depending on what type of swordtail) so less fit into a tank.

rsands

Reaction score
Are guppy's, platys and swordtail fish all ok to mix in the same tank as i woukd want a bit of variation?

Thanks

Richard

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
they're ok to mix, but they are happier (and will show more schooling behavior) in groups of 3 or more of their own type and you'd want to try to keep to about 16" (adult size) of fish total.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom