What To Name This Scape?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by TheBettaSushi, Apr 19, 2019.

1. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

for a tiny 6 gallon Fluval edge, I think I did alright with the scape.

I’d like to give it a name since I’ll be having this decor for a while...

What are your suggestions?

DD166A5C-1CF8-41CC-8BBF-779C1B67DD9E.jpeg8DB9378F-5ADF-45D2-AFDB-77A7CD0B25BE.jpeg

2. MorosithValued MemberMember

Can't say I have a name for you but I just wanted to say your scape is great and your betta is quite the handsome little guy. Love his colors.

3. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Thank you! :)

4. kallililly1973Well Known MemberMember

Looks great! Desert jungle

5. FanaticFishlore VIPMember

The exotic ruins, what a beautiful scape and betta too!

6. BRPWell Known MemberMember

Beautiful scape, don't know a name, but wanted to give you a bit of advise.
    Betta's love floating plants, they can an will build the bubble nest in between those plants. Would look great too.

I don't think your plants will suffer from it as, as far I can see, they all are low light plants.

7. ElectricBlueCrawfish1Valued MemberMember

Maybe Oasis or something

8. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Thank you. Floating plants are impossible as I have a fluval edge tank.

Thank you. That’s a great name! I’m sure by the time these plants grow out, it really will look like a jungle lol.

Thank you! Loving the name idea.

Thank you!

9. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Stonehenge, in 500 years.

You know, like the famous formation? I say that because the Little Rock’s In front, look like Stonehenge, and the plants, so it looks like it’s over-grown!! Here is a link, so you see what I mean.......:)

10. Thedudeiam94Valued MemberMember

There is actually a beach with large sandstone towers somewhere but I’m not sure of the name or where it’s located.

11. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

I know it well! Did you see the YouTube video of a guy creating the Stonehenge scape? It was awesome. Makes me want to get a bigger tank just try and replicate it.

I love scaping but I have a really hard time doing so in my tank. It’s the main reason why I don’t plant into substrate and just attach plants instead. Getting into the front corners is such a hassle! I had to place all those rocks in the front with feeding tongs... thank goodness my hands are small lol

That sounds awesome! If you ever find out, let me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2019
  12. ghostlybosunWell Known MemberMember

The Bucephlandra Copacabana?
    Never been good at names...
    See that you have some Buce though. It looks really nice!

13. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Thanks! That’s a creative name!

Trying buce for the first time. Hope it does well in my tank.

14. Thedudeiam94Valued MemberMember

Look up 12 Apostles beach, Australia. Let me know if it fits the description for your tank! And as a correction to my last post it’s limestone not sandstone!

15. ghostlybosunWell Known MemberMember

I've found that it's not terribly demanding. Brighter lighting seems to bring out more color but I've also grown it in pretty low lighting. Grows slow as molasses though!

16. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

I just looked!! That guy had some talent!! It makes me want to get a bigger tank also......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Oh wow you’re right... the front of my tank does look like that! Great observation and memory! If I ever find inert flat top stones that are a bit high, I may have to change out the back because I’m really liking that beach. Thank you for that!

Lol I’ve heard that it grows just as slow (if not slower) as Anubias. But, I’ve been getting new leaves on my Anubias every 1-2 weeks, especially right after a water change and dosing with thrive C so I’m hoping the same goes for that buce. I attached them to the top of the center rock intentionally for the sole purpose of getting more flow and more lighting on them. I do have a brownie phantom that’s on some driftwood but that front portion of the tank doesn’t get flow (love the overall look of the Fluval edge but hate the way it’s designed in regards to aeration). However, I placed an external light above it so hopefully that will suffice. I just put them in the other day so we’ll see how it goes. Thank you!

Yes! I love his “islands” scape too! Very talented indeed. I’m waiting for fluval to make the 19 gallon edge available to the public so I can scape the heck out of that. I’m sure that will be a pain in the butt to do as well but I’m up for the challenge lol.

18. PheonixKingZWell Known MemberMember

Lol, I wish I had the time/money to really put my hands in Tom it, and make something beautiful!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. ghostlybosunWell Known MemberMember

How do I quote just one section instead of the whole thing?

Anyways, I was going to show you this and say I think it'll do just fine in your tank!

See that dark spot under the lowest branch of the moss bonsai? That's where my buce has been for the last few months whilst I continue to deliberate a new scape. My lightning is pretty high but its extremely dark under there and the buce is still growing just fine. 20190419_151341.jpg

20. TheBettaSushiWell Known MemberMember

Same here!!! Making scapes like that are very costly and time consuming in my opinion. This is why I keep all of my previous rocks/decor that I’ve used and play around with it. Luckily my LFS has dragon stone for dirt cheap... $5 for 15 lbs worth so I stock up on that in case I ever want to change it up because I love Ohko more than any other inert stone I have come across. I have one really nice piece of ohko but it’s a bit too big to add to the setup I have now.

The top and center rock I have in my tank now was one piece. I broke it off to fit. Thankfully it broke off correctly otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to place it properly and it wouldn’t have stayed put. Gotta get creative sometimes to make it work.

In my last setup, I bought some black slate and made a blocked tower with it, using aquarium silicone to keep it from falling off. I also broke one into tiny pieces to make pots when I planted with sand and root tabs (didn’t work well for me although others have had great success with it... however my plants that I put in the sand with tabs didn’t die... they just never grew plush). Came out ok I think. (Ps don’t mind the betta, sushi... he was a fin biter no matter how much I baffled the flow!)

I spent around $70 for the plants and slate when I was done with it.
    807848E1-A060-4573-AF52-46800D9F8E70.jpegEE0D6ED3-A9B7-41FE-ADB6-0F69CCE45D90.jpeg

Wow look at that tank! I wouldn’t change a thing! It looks absolutely stunning!!!

I’m going to take your word for it and keep the buce that’s in the front left (on driftwood) there even though it gets zero flow (that I can see anyway) and see what happens. I couldn’t grow Christmas moss for the life of me. I tried to use it with manzanita wood to make a tree but after months of trying, it was just dying off so I gave up. Maybe it needed more than I was offering since my GH/KH are low. The suggestions of more light didn’t work either. Maybe I’ll try it again someday.

This was what my tank looked like before I removed that hideous thing you call a tree lol. I only dose with thrive c. I’m sure if I dosed with co2 I’d have a beautiful tank like yours. I’m jealous!

6C521E9D-2985-4069-96D7-8B12D303742C.jpeg

As for the quoting for one section, I think you have to copy and then hit reply.