What To House In My New 55 Gallon Tank.

Kayla Sloan

Reaction score
So I just got a new 55 gallon tank and I have began cycling it. I have a 10 gallon and 20 gallon with smaller fish like goldfish and neon tetras, but since this one is larger, I've been thinking about an American cichlid tank because I heard that the African cichlids are more aggressive. SO I want fish that are going to be pretty, but not fight and have species that can be housed with things other than cichlids. I know you're supposed to have the same sized cichlids and all so they can't eat each other, but from experience, can anyone just post different combinations of species I could put together as well as other species I can add like catfish? I honestly just want someone that knows what they're doing to tell me what to put in the tank. Thanks!

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What kind of goldfish do you have? In all seriousness , you probably should upgrade them to the new tank and consider restocking their former home.

Kayla Sloan

Reaction score
i believe they are comet goldfish. in all honesty, i won them both at a fair and they have been the best fish ever but yes i plan on upgrading them to a larger tank, but not my 55 gallon. i need advice on cichlids

maggie thecat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Kayla Sloan said:
i believe they are comet goldfish. in all honesty, i won them both at a fair and they have been the best fish ever but yes i plan on upgrading them to a larger tank, but not my 55 gallon. i need advice on cichlids
There is a cichlid subforum . Your best bet would be to peruse it for background and then zero in in specific topics of interest.

Here is a link.

Cichlids

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom