What To Feed Rainbowfish

Fancy

hello. I got three rainbow fish yesterday to complete my 45gal since I moved my betta out. I talk to all the staff at my lfs (Nestor’s in Winnipeg), and I told them what I had for food and they said I should be good. I know it isn,t good to feed brand new fish but I put a tiny bit in last night for my guppies and tetras and wasn’t surprised when the rainbow didn’t eat. But they didn’t seem to get much food this morning and were spitting things out. I will list the food stock I have below and would love someone to tell me if I need to get something else or if there is a specific thing that I should always give them or whatever. Basically any advice is welcome. Thank you!

Here’s what I have on hand (it is variety, I don’t feed everything all the time):
Omega one betta buffet flakes
Nutrafin max tropical fish flakes
HikarI sinking wafers
Betta pellets
Some assorted algae grazer type pellets and wafers
Freeze-dried blood worms
Frozen blood worms
Frozen omnivorous food stock

CaptAnnDuchow

Well Known
Fancy said:
hello. I got three rainbow fish yesterday to complete my 45gal since I moved my betta out. I talk to all the staff at my lfs (Nestor’s in Winnipeg), and I told them what I had for food and they said I should be good. I know it isn,t good to feed brand new fish but I put a tiny bit in last night for my guppies and tetras and wasn’t surprised when the rainbow didn’t eat. But they didn’t seem to get much food this morning and were spitting things out. I will list the food stock I have below and would love someone to tell me if I need to get something else or if there is a specific thing that I should always give them or whatever. Basically any advice is welcome. Thank you!

Here’s what I have on hand (it is variety, I don’t feed everything all the time):
Omega one betta buffet flakes
Nutrafin max tropical fish flakes
HikarI sinking wafers
Betta pellets
Some assorted algae grazer type pellets and wafers
Freeze-dried blood worms
Frozen blood worms
Frozen omnivorous food stock
Whrn I was researching getting rainbows I came across this article and it is very helpful. It is. Alot of information to summarize but basically freah algae is what they like. But there is more .Please give this a good read

OP
Fancy

Fancy

Ann Daniel said:
Whrn I was researching getting rainbows I came across this article and it is very helpful. It is. Alot of information to summarize but basically freah algae is what they like. But there is more .Please give this a good read
Thank you for the quick reply and extremely helpful link!!!

New Threads