What To Feed Nerite Snails

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Lizzy23, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Lizzy23

Lizzy23Valued MemberMember

i'm planning on getting 2 nerite snails for one of my tanks but i dont have anything to feed them during quarantine so i was wondering if i can feed them other things like algae wafers or fish flakes or something.

2. Snailwhisperer

SnailwhispererValued MemberMember

I had a similar worry when I moved mine to a new tank. I moved over an algae covered submarine. Do you have something you could move temporarily with some algae on it?

3. endlercollector

endlercollectorFishlore VIPMember

You could leave some gallon jars of water in the sun for a week and see if you can grow some algae for them. Then you could just put the jars into the QT.

4. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Boil any green veggies so they sink but not to much that theyre falling apart

5. OP
    OP
    Lizzy23

i have some gravel with algae on it but the quarantine tank doesn't have a light so the algae might die

6. OP
    OP
    Lizzy23

can they live off that?

7. Dch48

Dch48Well Known MemberMember

I'm worried about mine because I put it in a new tank with no algae. I thought they were scavengers that ate anything but now I'm reading that they really only eat algae.

8. OP
    OP
    Lizzy23

ya im worried i will have that same problem thats why im trying to figure something out before they are here

9. Snailwhisperer

SnailwhispererValued MemberMember

I bought a plant from the LFS which was covered in algae. I don't know if it was needed, it is clean now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice