What To Feed Juvinile Wcmm?

DrWigglespank
I just bought my first fish: a dozen juvenile WCMM. They're all about 1/2 in long, and it was suggested that they're about two months old. I do have a few that seem to be a bit smaller/younger, though.

I bought a small container of flake food (Omega One brand) and crushed it as fine as I could, but it still seems to be too large. Some of the fish will chase after the bits, but won't eat them. I imagine some of the bits are small enough, but for the most part, they reject it. I also bought some freeze-dried bloodworms, and that's much easier to crush into fine powder, so the fish seem to eat that much easier than the crushed flakes. I don't know if I should be feeding them bloodworms very often, much less every day.

I'm feeding them three times a day: flakes in the morning, bloodworms at noon and flakes again in the evening.

I was thinking about some HikarI First Bites, but from the description, it seems like a fine powder and may be too small. Aquarium CO-OP has a bottle of their own fry food, but I can't really tell how large it is. It may be that I can crush it even finer, if needed.

Just wondering what some of you with experience with these fish might suggest that I feed them.

DrWigglespank
Crispii said:
Try feeding them either baby brine shrimp, daphnia, or infusoria.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll pick up a couple of them so they have a variety.

imba
Great options. Can also get them some microworms, very easy to culture
Crispii said:
Try feeding them either baby brine shrimp, daphnia, or infusoria.

abbytherookiehuman
My fry are around the same age and size and also don't seem to care much for flakes. I went on a three week holiday the day I took the parents out of the breeding tank and came home to five babies. I think there could have been more if I was there and I think they were a bit small for their age but they were probably surviving off of algae, small amounts of infusoria and possibly baby daphnia. Now they're two months ish as I said and absolutely love when I add in some daphnia for them. Though they also scavenge throughout the day. I don't really put in flakes for them. Every few days I add some daphnia and they're growing quite nicely

Mr. Kgnao
As others have said, mircroworms, baby brine shrimp, infusoria are all great, but if you want something with a little less hassle involved, then something like HikarI First Bites or Sera Micron or most any powder fry food will work. It's not going to be too small, adult white clouds will readily take fry food.

Latest threads

Top Bottom