What to do....?

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ok so I set up my 30 gallon tank. I went to my LFS where I work and purchased 8 convicts. I wanted a pair and then I was going to return the others. So I looked at the tank the other day and saw eggs. A male and female were guarding them. Today I looked and saw another male and female with another set of eggs. What do I do now? I only want 1 pair. Do I wait for them to hatch. Plus the couples are about 2 inches from each other.

Daac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Well for starters I would rehome the other 4 asap before they pair up as well. Then you can deal with the 2 pairs.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
2012-07-03_15-36-36_46.jpg 2012-07-03_15-36-49_748.jpg

I took the unpaired cons out already. Even though they are so close together they don't seem to be attacking one another. Here is a pic of the tank. The second pic is the distance between the two couples.

Daac

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Ok good. I guess so long as they aren't attacking each other they are fine. Just watch them carefully.

fishingman001

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The females go at it every once and a while. The 2nd couple apparently moved their eggs or ate them. The female stays in the cave in the corner. The second couple hasn't moved their eggs.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom