What to do with too many plants?

• Thread starter JjTheMouse
  • Start date

JjTheMouse

I started out with one little water lettuce plant and a couple tiny pieces of what I’m assuming is a form of duckweed, I do water changes in my no filter tank twice a week and every time I pull out a ton of the floating plants because my fish still need to get to the surface. I don’t want to start killing or just throwing out plants but I don’t have anything to do with them, does anyone have any suggestions? image.jpg

Best Answer - View StarGirl's answer

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Sell them on the Fishlore b/s/t/f. People buy plants all the time. :D

Royan

You could try your luck with selling it. They grow fast and quickly get out of hand when they do start growing. You could compost it and use it to grow food for yourself or you could alternatively throw it into a tank/pond with some hungry goldfish.

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Make friends. Share them !

Demonskid

I'd totally take some off your hands if I had the money. xD
I agree with everyone else though, try selling them on the forums here.

mang0

sell them, give them away, or make some kind of plants only tank/bowl and put some spares in there as well. my dwarf water lettuce grows so fast that i'm running out of room so i gave a couple plants to my friend who just has a marimo moss ball in a bowl

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Stick around. Once you have 50 or more posts you will be able to offer your extra plants up for sale in the buy, sell, trade, free section of the forum.

Pwilly07

Well Known
Never thought I would sell plants, but then I thought that throwing extra away was such a waste. Now I try to share my plants with as many people as possible.

Fisch

Well Known
In our area we have classified ads (similar to craigslist), and there are always plants for sale, or to give away. I am sure someone will be glad to take them.

Top Bottom