What to do with my Lemon Tetra Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by 2HeadedBoy, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 2HeadedBoy

2HeadedBoy Valued Member Member

I'm thinking of putting her down. Here's what happened.

In the middle of november I noticed a hole in her anal fin. I moved her to a QT and started daily water changes. The fin was withering away so I started dosing her with Pimafix and Melafix. After 5 days with no improvement and her nose turning white I did a big water change and put carbon in for a day. Now the fin was eaten away down to the body and her nose turned white.

I then dosed her with Marycin2 for 5 days. Fin still getting worse and her nose actually rotted away. Another big water change and carbon for a day. Have now been dosing her with Furan2, Kanaplex and Paraguard for 7 days and she keeps getting worse. She now also has a white spot on her gill. She hasn't eaten in 5 days and she is hanging around the surface. Still upright and not gasping, just hanging around up top.

My gut tells me that it's time to put an end to this but...I just don't know. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

matt

Attached Files:

2. llfish

llfish Well Known Member Member

If it was me..as hard as it will be I would put her down. Sounds like you tried all methods to save her, and it seems to be getting worse. :(

3. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

I would end it now.

4. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I agree, it sounds like you've done everything you can, and from the picture and your description it looks pretty serious. Only you can make this decision, but if it were me, I wouldn't let her suffer any longer.

5. OP
    OP
    2HeadedBoy

Thanks all, that's what I've been leaning towards. I think I just needed to hear someone else say it.

6. OP
    OP
    2HeadedBoy

Well, right after I posted that last message I went and checked on her. She was facing downward stuck to the filter intake still breathing. If my question wasn't answer before, it is now...sigh.

7. kinezumi89

kinezumi89 Fishlore VIP Member

I'm sorry :( Hopefully you find solace in knowing that you did all you could. There are some diseases that are just too aggressive to be treated with the medicine available to us.

8. OP
    OP
    2HeadedBoy

Thanks Kinezumi, I know I did my best but it just sucks when your best isn't good enough.

thanks again everyone.

matt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice