What to do with my Anubias

Fishkeeping7777

So my Anubias Nana is uprooting I don’t know why in the beginning it was just starting to route it was doing good and one day I walked in there and it’s like floating but I don’t wanna touch it here’s why every time I move around it just comes out the substrate because I have sand and it’s not that deep so It just comes out and I has a little plant next to it so I know if I touch that one another one is going to come out so do I leave it alone or try my best to shove it into the substrate and what I mean by substrate is Rhizome on top

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 25

StarGirl

Tie it to a small stone that can be covered with sand.......Voila!

Fishkeeping7777

Tie it to a small stone that can be covered with sand.......Voila!
I don’t have a small stone only thing I have those little rocks you can see.

in the tank Is that the one in the back that you can’t see is doing really well though and it’s twice as big as that one it’s Roots nice in the substrate growing but also this is my first time keeping any aquatic plant glueing into a stone or something I don’t wanna mess up because I probably will

StarGirl

I would just get a small stone from the yard. Make sure it doesnt fizz with vinegar. Clean it off good. I use those really small clear rubber bands for braids from the dollar store to attach plants with.

Fishkeeping7777

I would just get a small stone from the yard. Make sure it doesnt fizz with vinegar. Clean it off good. I use those really small clear rubber bands for braids from the dollar store to attach plants with.
I gest have dirt in my yard so is there any Other way Should I mess with it idk what to do

Blacksheep1

Yep , exactly what StarGirl said ! Tie it with cotton or thread or even glue (cyanoacrylate though so it’s safe ) and you have your self a moveable plant that will thrive that you can move. I’ve found better results by tying the pant to an inert stone/ wood rather than glueing myself but I’ll admit gluing is easier.
I gest have dirt in my yard so is there any Other way Should I mess with it idk what to do
You don’t need dirt at all. Anubias are rhizome plants and do not need to be ‘ planted ‘. If you do plant they’ll rot. They need to be out of the substrate. So just tie or glue them onto a rock or wood and they’ll grow slowly but steadily

Fishkeeping7777

Yep , exactly what StarGirl said ! Tie it with cotton or thread or even glue (cyanoacrylate though so it’s safe ) and you have your self a moveable plant that will thrive that you can move. I’ve found better results by tying the pant to an inert stone/ wood rather than glueing myself but I’ll admit gluing is easier.

You don’t need dirt at all. Anubias are rhizome plants and do not need to be ‘ planted ‘. If you do plant they’ll rot. They need to be out of the substrate. So just tie or glue them onto a rock or wood and they’ll grow slowly but s teadily
So is there anyway that i can do in substrate of course Rhizome on top bc I don’t have any thing

georgelee1000

Yea, glue it to a small piece of driftwood or glue a small gravel to the root and hide it in the sand. Don’t bury the rhizome. Otherwise you just have to use some additional sand to make it thicker layer and hope it will keep it in place, but it will prob continue unroof.

Fishkeeping7777

Yea, glue it to a small piece of driftwood or glue a small gravel to the root and hide it in the sand. Don’t bury the rhizome. Otherwise you just have to use some additional sand to make it thicker layer and hope it will keep it in place, but it will prob continue unroof.
can i put a small rock on some roots

georgelee1000

can i put a small rock on some roots
Yea a few should do the work. If not, you can put more till it sinks

Fishkeeping7777

K will try that
Also I have a question The roots are pointing down so if I just let it grow will it just root self into the substrate

Blacksheep1

Also I have a question The roots are pointing down so if I just let it grow will it just root self into the substrate
Possibly but if you don’t secure it to something as soon as it’s touched it’ll pop out and float again. Just a small pebble will do , doesn’t need to be fancy or pretty really. If you use glue, Dont glue the rhizome itself. When you’re out and about and spot a small stone , grab it . Vinegar test and clean well and use that. Good luck

lojack

K will try that

If your substrate is deep enough it’ll eventually root itself into it. The last few anubias I’ve had I would tie them to something in the beginning like a weight or rock as mentioned. Given enough time (a long time) they’ll eventually secure themselves with enough roots to the substrate or even whatever you attached it to.

Right now I have one that I had tied to a piece of wood. The roots have grown over the wood into the substrate so that it’s one giant mass lol.

Fishkeeping7777

If your substrate is deep enough it’ll eventually root itself into it. The last few anubias I’ve had I would tie them to something in the beginning like a weight or rock as mentioned. Given enough time (a long time) they’ll eventually secure themselves with enough roots to the substrate or even whatever you attached it to.

Right now I have one that I had tied to a piece of wood. The roots have grown over the wood into the substrate so that it’s one giant mass lol.
After a lot a lot of work about a hour cause I don’t have any aqua scape in tools just little hands I was able to put rocks under the roots after breaking some leaves and roots finally did it. will this grow in I don’t really like how it looks right now I thought the leaves pointed up but I found out they’re actually all bent

Attachments

• EE51ECD0-525D-4FAC-890F-33F459F521B6.jpeg
    EE51ECD0-525D-4FAC-890F-33F459F521B6.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 15
  • 010E6C91-77ED-4A4B-9674-5A38CA6C9137.jpeg
    010E6C91-77ED-4A4B-9674-5A38CA6C9137.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 876F780F-915B-48D6-B635-4FCFEBD2634F.jpeg
    876F780F-915B-48D6-B635-4FCFEBD2634F.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 740B9DED-D40C-4FB6-AA41-AE6C7198CD83.jpeg
    740B9DED-D40C-4FB6-AA41-AE6C7198CD83.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 15

Blacksheep1

Well done ! It’s not easy the first time but you’ve done great there. The leaves should return to normal over time if they have space. And you can always move it about now. It will grow slowly, as Anubias do , but it will grow !

Fishkeeping7777

Well done ! It’s not easy the first time but you’ve done great there. The leaves should return to normal over time if they have space. And you can always move it about now. It will grow slowly, as Anubias do , but it will grow !
Oh thxs

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishkeeping7777
Replies
Views
Volpap
Replies
Views
angelcraze
  • Question