What To Do With Guppy Fry ?

13fishy wishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My guppy recently had 17 guppy fry 1 died and I gave away 4 I just now need to know what to do with the rest . if you had any luck getting rid of yours let me know . also I want to keep 1 , but I don't want everyone saying that I should feed them to the others ! I know some do , and that is fine but I however DO NOT want to do that .

goplecos

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can use the buy, sell, trade, free, section on this forum. I would take some but one of mine just gave birth to at least 73 fry, lol.

Cori Elizabeth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Seperate them into a temporary tank, advertise the fry on sites like Gumtree, facebook etc. If you give them to a petsore they'll be sold as feeder fish.

goplecos

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
ffor what....2 cents
You could easily sell them on this forum. A lot of members here will be willing to adopt fish (and even pay shipping) if the owner cannot keep them. Many people love any fish whether it is high quality or not. I am one of them .

THEREALTOLMO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just let nature take its course. Unless you want to get into some serious guppy breeding, cause they breed almost as fast as mice.
I agree, survival of the fittest, eh?

Depending on how large your tank is, you may raise those guppies to a mature size before releasing them back into the tank.
Then, if any more guppies are pregnant, just ignore them, you probably wont notice anything will have changed.
But it is your aquarium, so it is up to you to decide.

13fishy wishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I agree, survival of the fittest, eh?

Depending on how large your tank is, you may raise those guppies to a mature size before releasing them back into the tank.
Then, if any more guppies are pregnant, just ignore them, you probably wont notice anything will have changed.
But it is your aquarium, so it is up to you to decide.
Yeah I suppose ...... I really don't wanna ship .I guess I could see if friends want some .

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom