What To Do With Baby Longfin Bushynose Plecos Help

1. plecoman Initiate Member

I recently had some fry that have vanished. Saw one that had died but the rest I'm not sure what happened. I now have a new batch of babies and wondering if I should put them in a seperate tank or see what happens. The tank has always stayed with in it parameters and I do plenty of water changes. I'm not vaccuming them out either...

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Are they being sucked into the intake filter? :(

3. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello PlecoMan. Check your filter as Ilovee suggested. If they aren't in there chances are they may have been eaten by other tank mates.
    Best wishes. I hope you find them! Do you have any hiding spots for the fry?
    Ken

4. plecoman Initiate Member

I was worried about the filters until I saw a few of them just ripping around them with no problem. I do have some really awesome hiding spots but I would see 4 or 5 and a couple days later I would only see 2 or 3. All plecos in the tank besides 1 Aranda gold. His head has overgrown his eyes. I dont think he could catch them even if he could see them...

5. Toddnbecka Member Member

If the goldfish is large enough to eat the pleco fry, it will find them whether it can see them or not.

6. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Wow. I'd love to see a photo of your Oranda with the head knot (called Wen) (<----I remembered Tony! lol) going over the eyes. I agree with Todd. Fish can smell their food and they don't have to see it to find it. I've seen Goldfish eat fry before.
    Ken

7. plecoman Initiate Member

That would really tick me off if my Aranda is eating them!!! I've been meaning to download the pics I have. I will try and do it right now. Thanks for the replies...