What to do with baby Fancy Guppies?

Jesus0fSuburb1a

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My Fancy Guppy had babies recently, (I don't know when, but I noticed them yesterday) I'm sure there were more of them, but they were probably eaten, as there are only 3. I got home today to find the 3 still surviving in my 20 gallon. Now that I know they'll stay alive, I was considering moving them to my 10 gallon tank. Because I don't know how to feed them with all the other fish in the tank. They are only about a centimeter long. Any suggestions for what I could do? Leave them, move them?
Or maybe put them in the ten gallon and only fill it 50-70% so they can swim and feed?

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated

goofster

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If you have a heavily planted tank you don't have to feed them special food. Just crush up some of the flake food between your fingers and they'll eat it when it falls in the plants...they'll nibble on the plants.

NLS has some fry food that works well if you want special food.

When I stopped trying to save the babbies guppies, they thrived... *shrugs*

Just make sure you have room or a home for them if you are going to breed. :)

OP
J

Jesus0fSuburb1a

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yea I knew they would breed, but most people told me they would just be eaten. So I wasn't expecting survivors. If you say they did fine though, I guess I'll leave them. Thanks

goofster

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jesus0fSuburb1a said:
Yea I knew they would breed, but most people told me they would just be eaten. So I wasn't expecting survivors. If you say they did fine though, I guess I'll leave them. Thanks
Depends on your fish I guess. I had a tank that had 10 guppies and 10 neon tetras and in 2 months I had over 200 babies only a small percentage were getting eaten. I tried using Rams and a Dwarf GouramI to eat the babbies after that batch going back to 10... That didn't work. :p Now the guppies have all be re-homed and sold to the LFS, with a 10 gallon that separates my favorite males and females encase I decide to try again.

:)

OP
J

Jesus0fSuburb1a

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Wow, that is amazing! 200 fish. I can't even imagine. Well I'll go on doing what I'm doing, and if I end up with too many fish I'll separate the males and females. Thanks for the help.

New Threads