What to do with babies

Discussion in 'Guppy' started by MokAquariums, Jun 23, 2016.

1. MokAquariums

MokAquariums Valued Member Member

Hi so recently I've moved my female guppies to a smaller tank because the males were too aggressive. Unfortunately they've unloaded. About 15-20 fry in the last week and many of them still look squared off. I'm wondering if it would be safe to quickly cycle a ten gallon to move the fry or if it would be a bad idea to move the fry at such a small size. They are about half a cm long and about 5 days old. I just don't want my tank to get overstocked and then crash.

2. SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

Hi Cory,
    I have had 3 lots of Guppy babies and moved them from the tank they were born in straight to a new tank within minutes hours of them being born. I have found Guppy babies are very tolerant like that. I also didn't loose any in the process. I make sure the tank has no gravel because the babies get wedged in there and die. I start them out with a air stone and then months later ive added the filter, they seem fine in this environment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvTyAXInPHQ

3. Jim

Jim Well Known Member Member

:;juggle:;juggleGuppies will have babies and the babies will have babies and.........Before you go much further think of what you are going to do with the 500 fish:;juggle

4. OP
    OP
    MokAquariums

MokAquariums Valued Member Member

I plan on giving away the fry once they are old enough! And thanks for the help! I will be setting up a ten gallon to raise fry in soon!

5. SabrinaBrook

SabrinaBrook Well Known Member Member

Good luck Cory! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice