5 Gallon Tank What to do with an extra 5 gallon tank?

Swishy

I recently picked up a 5 gallon tank setup for my betta off Facebook Marketplace for $10. She threw in a second 5 gallon tank no charge! Now I’m wondering what to do with it.
What would you do with this tank? I don’t want another betta. I’ve read up on some possible stocking options but as usual there’s so much conflicting information. A few parameters:
- easy care/beginner fish, I’m still new at this and still have much to learn
- no live bearers, unless you can make sure they won’t breed
- no live food, gross!
- it will be a planted tank
- nothing is set up yet, the tank is empty, 5 gallon long
- could also be inverts but I hear shrimp are tricky, and can also breed like crazy
Thanks in advance!

adumsoza

chilli rasboras are a great option for a small tank!

kansas

A betta by itself or shrimp.

Small schooling fish may survive in that tank in that tank but they really need a bigger space to move around.

Carmen79

cherry shrimpis a dream of me to have..

Attachments

• 20220809_203114.jpg
    20220809_203114.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 7

ProudPapa

- could also be inverts but I hear shrimp are tricky, and can also breed like crazy
Thanks in advance!

Shrimp aren't especially tricky if the water parameters are good, and neocaradina shrimp have a pretty wide range they'll do well in. Patience is also a requirement. They will often struggle in a tank that hasn't been running for several months.

They can, and often do, breed like crazy, but that's not the same problem as with live-bearer fish. They have a low bioload. Two hundred probably wouldn't be a problem in a well planted five gallon tank.

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom