What to do with Amano Shrimp sheddings...

Discussion in 'Shrimps and Crabs' started by shrimp, Nov 29, 2012.

1. shrimp

shrimp Valued Member Member

So one of my Amano Shrimp just shed today for the first time and i was wondering...what should i do with the future shedings? Do I leave the old skin in the tank or remove it? Today I decided to take it out but I'd like to know what I should do for the future. Any ideas?

2. RogueAgent94

RogueAgent94 Fishlore VIP Member

I just leave them in there for a day or so and if they do not eat the shell then I take it out.

3. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

I took one out for examination/curiosity. I leave the rest in there for my shrimp and snails. It is nutrients and free food as far as I am concerned. They never last 24 hours.

4. fishaddiction

fishaddiction Valued Member Member

Leave them in I always say just in case your shrimp wants a snack.

5. OP
    OP
    shrimp

shrimp Valued Member Member

Okay Ill do that haha! Now here's another question. I don't want to start a new thread so I'll ask it here. My tank is filled with sand as the substrate, to keep it from going into the filter and destroying the impeller can I put stocking like material on the tube of the water intake? That way sand cant get sucked in?

6. Y

Yeoy Well Known Member Member

I don't have sand but I can't see a problem. Just check your stocking every now and then so it doesn't get clogged up.

7. Mer-max

Mer-max Well Known Member Member

Yes. Un used panty hose

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice