What to do with all my electrical cords?

Discussion in 'DIY - Do It Yourself' started by Makena95'GT, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Makena95'GT

Makena95'GT Well Known Member Member

I decided to get a bit creative with the ones that are on one of the lab tables. I plan to do this to all the other tables as well. I thought it was pretty neat :) seeing as there's about 5 extra drilled out tanks, why not?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354220902.025711.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354220931.658815.jpg

2. oscarsbud

oscarsbud Well Known Member Member

That's a lot of plugs. Kind of looks like what's underneath my fish stands. Are you going to wrap the outside with something to hide everything?

3. carolo43

carolo43 Valued Member Member

I have mine all going to a power plug and mounted to the wall just alongside my tanks. I also labeled each one with a piece of tape so I could tell which was which.

4. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

I'm thinking about taking acrylic paint to it and painting a little ocean theme. This powers 3 tanks and a fry tank

5. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Not a bad idea.
    My only suggestion.... put a rubber grommet, or cut some filter tube down the middle to spread over the glass edges.

Over time, you might find the glass rubs into the power cords.

6. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Sweet, good idea! I'll be sure to do that tomorrow when I head back up there. :)

7. OP
    OP
    Makena95'GT

Well, I'm no artist, so I'll call it abstract ad proportionately inaccurate. . My Neon Tetra is a blob, and my pleco looks like a shark. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354304490.887158.jpg

8. psalm18.2

psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

Haha, great idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice