What to do with a tank I have sitting around?

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Shock, Nov 29, 2012.

1. S

Shock Valued Member Member

I have a 55g tank sitting empty right now. It use to house a snake before I left for BCT (That I gave away) and before that was a saltwater aquarium (or was it freshwater?). Anyways, I keep having ideas of what to do with it and I figured who better to talk me into it than Fishlore! I've been thinking of a couple options, what are y'alls thoughts?

1) Make it a gold fish tank. I already have a spare HOB filter and even a cannister filter I'm not using so this shouldn't be too hard.

2) Transfer my current stock besides the gold nugget to this tank and turn my current 72g into a SA cichlid tank.

3) Go saltwater again! I'm a bit hesitant on this one with all the troubles I had with SW, but there's no denying how beautiful SW is. Maybe go Zebra lionfish or a small reef? I have a no name protein skimmer lying around my house, just need a powerhead to get it up and running.

4) Sell the tank, save the money for something useful... like a bigger tank in the future to keep even more plecos!

2. Eienna

Eienna Fishlore VIP Member

Ohhhh, gosh XD

Used tanks don't sell for too much. Might as well use it unless it's totally blemish-free.

Saltwater IS quite difficult, but you've got all your buddies here to help you!

3. f

featherblue Well Known Member Member

So my current favorite fish are electric blue rams.....so I'm totally biased to the second option:)

4. Lilibeth_Seasong

Lilibeth_Seasong Well Known Member Member

I like the second option too. Just think it over. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice