What To Do With A 1g Bowl??

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquarium Builds' started by Kysarkel000, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Kysarkel000

Kysarkel000 Well Known Member Member

So I'm not super experienced with fishtank, but I do know that alot of fish would need something larger than a single gallon. Currently I have a plant in there, but I was wondering if there is any kind of fish I can put in there too? I was also thinking shrimp would be cool, but are they hard to care for? Thanks in advanced.

2. emerald6

emerald6 Valued Member Member

There's a pinned thread that'll answer all your questions

3. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

What about a Marino Ball house, or a small aquascape scene?

4. _IceFyre_

_IceFyre_ Well Known Member Member

I tried shrimp in a 1 gallon before, and it was just really difficult to keep on top of the water parameters, I wouldn't do it again. An aquascape with a Nerite snail sounds like a good idea to me:)

5. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

Leave the plant in it, like said above, too hard to keep water parameters correct, and awfully small for any animal IMO.

6. B

Bruxes and Bubbles Well Known Member Member

How about scuds? A colony is perfectly fine in a 1 gallon and will do very well. They make good fish treats if you have too many, and they are funny to watch. They swim like little rockets with feet. :)

7. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

If you "Pinterest" you can find a lot of really nice very small scale aquascapes on there; I mean, really really beautiful ideas!!!

8. r

rodmacpherson New Member Member

I have 3 small bowls that someone gave to me. I am using one now to house a single shrimp and some baby java ferns while my shrimp tank cycles. The shrimp was a stowaway with a large java fern from someone else's tank that is growing in a 10 gallon in the basement while we get the 65 it is likely going to ready, but I wanted to keep a close eye on the shrimp. I have also used a bowl to hold our betta for a few minutes while doing a 100% water change when he was sick I don't think I would keep anything other than plants in a bowl otherwise. It would be hard to keep on top of water parameters. ... and you sort of need 2 bowls. When it was time to change out the water in the shrimp's temporary bowl I just prepared a second bowl and scooped him and his plants out and into the new bowl.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice