what to do after acclimation process

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by fish4life157, Jan 4, 2013.

1. fish4life157

fish4life157Valued MemberMember

Hello Fishlore! I just drip acclimated three small green chromis into my 10 gallon quarantine tank. The lights are all off to minimize the fish's stress. I was wondering how long till I can turn the lights on, and the time I should keep them on during the day. I plan to keep the fish in quarantine for a month and do parasite medication for 2 weeks, then let them sit in quarantine for 2-3 weeks till I put them into my main display tank. How long do I need to wait before I can start the parasite medication? Also how often should I feed them during the day? And when can I start to feed the 3 green chromis? :;thx

2. beginner

beginnerValued MemberMember

well I wouldn't know how long you'd have to wait but, i'd make sure you treat them at a time that you will be free to watch them for signs of stress. I know nothing of the type of fish your adding but some fish are defineintly more sensitive to treatments than others. good luck:)

3. JessiNoel21

JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

You dont need the meds if you have NLS Thera A food I would wait until tomorrow night to feed and you can leave the lights on for 5 to 8 hours just watch for stress.