what to do after acclimation process

Discussion in 'Saltwater Aquarium Stocking' started by fish4life157, Jan 4, 2013.

1. fish4life157Valued MemberMember

Hello Fishlore! I just drip acclimated three small green chromis into my 10 gallon quarantine tank. The lights are all off to minimize the fish's stress. I was wondering how long till I can turn the lights on, and the time I should keep them on during the day. I plan to keep the fish in quarantine for a month and do parasite medication for 2 weeks, then let them sit in quarantine for 2-3 weeks till I put them into my main display tank. How long do I need to wait before I can start the parasite medication? Also how often should I feed them during the day? And when can I start to feed the 3 green chromis? :;thx

2. beginnerValued MemberMember

well I wouldn't know how long you'd have to wait but, i'd make sure you treat them at a time that you will be free to watch them for signs of stress. I know nothing of the type of fish your adding but some fish are defineintly more sensitive to treatments than others. good luck:)

3. JessiNoel21Well Known MemberMember

You dont need the meds if you have NLS Thera A food I would wait until tomorrow night to feed and you can leave the lights on for 5 to 8 hours just watch for stress.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice