What to choose?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Sayago, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Sayago New Member Member

Hi everybody! I just finoshed cycling my 50 gallon aquarium, and need to choose between cories and kuhli loaches. Which ones should I buy?
    Thank you

2. Ava Valued Member Member

I'm biased - but I'd go for cories all the way!

3. WadeEH Valued Member Member

I would go with Cories, but I have never had Kuhli loaches before so I might be a little biased also.

4. Tonia Well Known Member Member

I personally prefer cories, they are so cute and have such adorable personalities.. I've only had Kuli loaches once, though... so not enough experience with them although I do love the look of them, too.

5. AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I have both in my tank.

Cories are more visible than Kuhlis.

6. Reefdweller Valued Member Member

My vote is for Cichlids!!! oh wait... that wasnt one of the choices... ugh... okay then umm Cories :;toast

7. Quinn_Lamb98 Well Known Member Member

deffinitally cories. 1 reason- you actually can see them during the day, lol.

8. AnthonyC4C Well Known Member Member

LoL....The photo in your signature that's an electric blue blah...forgot the entire name, I was just looking at one of those Saturday, Beautiful Fish!

9. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

I see my kuhlis all the time, but I have at least 10. Two things I notice about people who complain about their kuhlis - they don't have enough of them and the tank is usually too small.

Having various cory and loach species, I definitely find the loaches to be far more interesting.