What to add next ????

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Robbo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. RobboNew MemberMember

I have a 165ltr tank with 6 zebra danios and 10 pristella tetras and 4 bristlenose cat's

My question what to add next ?? would like something with good bright coulour

2. JaiValued MemberMember

how about adding some guppies......if only I knew the variety and colours they show I would never have got the betta fish as they they don't match.....But I still love my Betta!!!! 8)

3. ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Your tank is just a little over 40Gallons. The Bristlenose will get 5-6 inches long and each of the Tetras and Danios will get 1-2 inches long. so it will need to be something small. Maybe a Dwarf Gourami? How nippy are the pristellas? If their not a Betta would be pretty in there. Just some thoughts.
    Carol

4. GoBlue!New MemberMember

Go With a single bolivian ram cichlid or a dwarf gourami.

5. 0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't put a Betta in there...only tetras I'd trust with one are Black Neons, Cardinals, and maybe Glowlights. And I have mixed feelings about Bettas with Danios...

Um, Zebra Danios get bigger than 1-2 inches...like 2.5-3 inches from everything I've read. Pristella Tetras I would guess are 2 inches.
    4 Bristlenoses...20-25 in
    6 Danios...15-18 in
    10 tetras...20 in
    .................55+ in total
    So it sounds like you're overstocked...in other words, don't get anything more, in fact I would recommend removing a few of the fish, maybe a Bristlenose and a few tetras.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice