What to add next ????

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Robbo, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Robbo

RobboNew MemberMember

I have a 165ltr tank with 6 zebra danios and 10 pristella tetras and 4 bristlenose cat's

My question what to add next ?? would like something with good bright coulour

2. Jai

JaiValued MemberMember

how about adding some guppies......if only I knew the variety and colours they show I would never have got the betta fish as they they don't match.....But I still love my Betta!!!! 8)

3. Butterfly

ButterflyModeratorModerator Member

Your tank is just a little over 40Gallons. The Bristlenose will get 5-6 inches long and each of the Tetras and Danios will get 1-2 inches long. so it will need to be something small. Maybe a Dwarf Gourami? How nippy are the pristellas? If their not a Betta would be pretty in there. Just some thoughts.
    Carol

4. GoBlue!

GoBlue!New MemberMember

Go With a single bolivian ram cichlid or a dwarf gourami.

5. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I wouldn't put a Betta in there...only tetras I'd trust with one are Black Neons, Cardinals, and maybe Glowlights. And I have mixed feelings about Bettas with Danios...

Um, Zebra Danios get bigger than 1-2 inches...like 2.5-3 inches from everything I've read. Pristella Tetras I would guess are 2 inches.
    4 Bristlenoses...20-25 in
    6 Danios...15-18 in
    10 tetras...20 in
    .................55+ in total
    So it sounds like you're overstocked...in other words, don't get anything more, in fact I would recommend removing a few of the fish, maybe a Bristlenose and a few tetras.