What Time Do You Have Tank Lights On?

When do you have your tank lights on the most?

• 24/7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only during the day

• Only at night

• Only during daylight hours

• No lighting used

• Total voters

FishFan

Valued Member
Reaction score
When do you have your tank lights on the most?

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What's the difference between 'only during the day' and 'only during daylight hours'?

FishFan

Valued Member
Reaction score
"During the day" means while you're awake & turn them off when you go to bed (when it's most likely dark" and "During Daylight" means once it gets dark outside, you turn them off. Makes sense, I hope

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, I get it. So for me, during the day would mean, like, from 1 in the afternoon til 1 in the morning... ;D

euphiesman

Reaction score
have two sets of lights, main flo lights on from 5am-10am and then 4pm-11pm (12h a day). then 5v blue neons between 11pm and 5am (theese give a little "moon" light to the tank and help to avoid scared fish) also looks cool without being too invasive.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I usually turn mine on in the mornings to feed, and then turn them back on when I get home from work.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I usually turn mine on about 7-8am and off about 10-11pm. they get on the average 14 - 15 hrs of light a day.
Carol

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I turn mine on when I wake up and off when I go to bed.  During school this will be from 7 am to 10 pm or so.  That is a little long of a day, so I think I will have to find time to give them an earlier night feeding.  Some people just turn their lights on when they're home, but I think it's more natural to give the fish a normal day and night. Three poeple said they only turn their lights on during the night--why do you do that!?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
if it is a gloomy day or it start to get dark, my betta fights "himself" and runs into the side of the aquarium so hard i am afraid he will injure himself. if the lights are off this behavior does not happen.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom