What the heck!

1. joe Member Member

This is not good. I just got 3 neon tetras and 2 platys and before that i got 2 dwarf gouramis and 2 angel fish and a rainbow shark all of my neon tetras are dead one platy is dead and the 2 dwarf gouramis are deand and the 2 angel fish are dead. I took a water sample to the pet store and they said that my water was perfect, does anyone know while all these fish are dyeing? (I think that is how you spell dyeing)

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

How big was the tank and was it cycled?
    Carol

3. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

How long after you bought the fish did they die? And same question at Butterfly's - was the tank cycled? If it wasn't cycled, that is most likely why they died. But you have to tell us more so we can help you.

4. joe Member Member

Yes, the tank was cycled and 1 of my neon tetras died the next day. The other 2 died about a week later. 1 of my gouramis died in about a week the other died in about 3 weeks. 1 of my angel fish died in 1 day and the other lived for about a week. So please get back to me and tell me what is going wrong, thanks, Joe

5. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Joe, whenever I've taken my water to the lfs, they didn't test everything just nitrates. I doubt very seriously they tested for ammonia and nitrites also. I don't know what your situation is, but I would highly recommend that you buy locally or order a master test kit from aquarium pharmaceuticals. Big Al's has them for $15.99 USD, and I have heard they are $15.00 USD online on PetSmart's website, and that you can print the page where it shows the price, take it into a local PetSmart and they will sell it to you locally for that price. Once you have your kit, please post the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels. If your local fish store does test for all these things, please write down the readings and post them for us. Also let us know the size of your tank. ;)

Big Al's

6. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Hmm ... if ALL the water parameters are fine (that is: ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and pH) and if your tank is cycled, then maybe you bought sick fish. The disease doesn't always show in the beginning. If you bought even one sick fish, and the disease then progressed, it probably infected all other fish and therefore all ended up dying.