What The Heck Is This Guy?

1. graceo

graceo Valued Member Member

I saw him at my LFS, and I seriously love him and may or may not want one in the future. It looks like a pleco and a cory had a kid, haha.

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Closest I can think of is a black shark. The dorsal fin looks a bit too small though, and the he looks a bit thin for a black shark.

Are there black chinese algae eaters?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Garra rufa I think.. Put your feet in the tank and if it starts cleaning it, I am correct hahaha.

4. OP
    OP
    graceo

graceo Valued Member Member

It did have a sucker mouth, is that what you mean?

5. DoubleDutch

No.

6. Granamyr

Granamyr Valued Member Member

@DoubleDutch You put feed the first time instead of feet. Your first post makes more sense now saying feet :) I don't think it's a black shark but I don't know what it is either.

7. scarface

scarface Well Known Member Member

I've acutally had that done. It's slightly ticklish.

8. C

Coptapia Valued Member Member

Garra rufa.

9. DoubleDutch

My English now and then grrrr

10. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Never seen that done before , I'm little confused and I can't tell if the fish are enjoying it or not.

11. Kellye8498

Kellye8498 Well Known Member Member

They enjoy it because they like eating the dead skin from the feet. They are cleaning up and that's their happy place I guess lol!

12. JesseMoreira06

Wouldn't it be terribly unsanitary? having fish nibble ones foot that has an open wound with disease then you walk in and put your feet and have the same fish nibble your feet? obviously you cant sanitize fishes mouth..

13. DoubleDutch

They aren't. They are underfed young fish and the lack of other food (algae and so on) makes them eat the loose skin. Was a hype overhere some time ago.

14. JesseMoreira06

That was my guess , I was doing a little research just now and read thess guys need algea, frozen foods and veggies. I was thinking to myself I highly doubt whom ever owns the shop truly cares and probably wants them to feel hungry to eat as much dead skin available.

Just read it never made its way to where I'm from because we have strict laws on sterilizing anything that has to do with pedicure and manicure and you can't sterilize a fishes mouth.

15. Granamyr

Granamyr Valued Member Member

I just figured it was a typo, your English is as good as anyone else's on here.