What The Bleep Are These Invaders?!?!?!

River Gray
Cleaning out some gunk that sadly accumulated in my hob breed box, with babies and a pregnant mom-to-be in it, while I was away and had house sitters that were much better sitters for my cats than for my aquatic pets :/ ....
So WHAT ARE these and are they DANGEROUS or helpful?... !!!!!

6034C156-83D3-4ACB-8A1C-28DD635F0760.jpeg
BFB61C14-F6BD-495B-B56B-FD5665558513.jpeg

Aqua 59
They look like maggots/larvae. I would scoop out as many as possible, or relocate the fish. Better safe then sorry.

FishFor2018
Yep either that or hookworms (I believe that’s what they are called)

Pescado_Verde
Do NOT touch those and get out of the house NOW!!!

Just kidding, I have no idea what they are.

FishFor2018
Do NOT touch those and get out of the house NOW!!!

Just kidding, I have no idea what they are.
Y? O never mind just saw the spoiler lol

Keith83
Did you watch that movie "Life"?

River Gray
I moved all the babies and mom to be out and cleaned the whole box up and then refilled it with clean tank water and put them back in. Very glad I did now! I really wanted to know what they were even after I had cleaned them out because of all the stuff going on after a week of not the best care as possible.... So I wanted to know for the future and appreciate all the answers!

What would cause and/or how did those get in there?

FishFor2018
I moved all the babies and mom to be out and cleaned the whole box up and then refilled it with clean tank water and put them back in. Very glad I did now! I really wanted to know what they were even after I had cleaned them out because of all the stuff going on after a week of not the best care as possible.... So I wanted to know for the future and appreciate all the answers!

What would cause and/or how did those get in there?
It’s hard to say since someone else was “taking care” of them. It could have been from OVERfeeding, something was spilt into the water, or doors/windows left open and some bug layed eggs. Who know!?

River Gray
Did you watch that movie "Life"?
Only part of it... then I realized that the movie would be more of a horror and quit watching! Thanks for the horrible reminder! And now I feel like I need to put another filter on the main tank and clean up the gravel with the vacuum for about two or three hours now!!! lol

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
  • Dimmy
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Marlene327
Replies
Views
richiep