What Tetras to get? 10 Gallon Tank 

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hi everbody I have few questions.

I have a 10 gallon tank I want to get up & running again & I thought about getting some tetras to put in it but I'm not sure what kind would fit..

Could you guys help?

ayelie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I like the black neon tetras, Lemon tetras are beautiful, Cochies Tetras are blue and very different, but they maybe have to be ordered online. There is a jelly bean tetra that is really cool looking too.

If you go to the main page of fishlore on the right there is a list of fish and a lot tetras there that you could look into.

Just make sure to keep the peaceful ones together. Some tetras can be fin nippers and you don't want them in with ones with big fins. So research any that you put into your tank.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Flame tetras are beautiful. They're pretty drab in the store but awesome when they color up.

-Lisa

FishHobbiest

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Von Rios or flame tetras, neons, diamonds, and many more just look like ayelie said

russ757

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I like schools of cardinal tetras, they can bring your tank alive. They are extremely active and school really well in groups of 5 or 6

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Thank you for all the suggestions I didn't know how big some tetras got except for neons & if any other ones would fit since 10 gallon really isn't that big, I'll do some research on the ones everybody suggested & see whats at my LFS then go from there.

hyun007

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Get Cardinal, you will not regret it over Neon.

used2bN2horsesLOL

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I'm with aiylie, I would get black neons. Even with seeded filters off of the 29 gallon you currently have, cardinals are a bit more sensitive to water parameters than their black neon cousins and are usually recommended to well established tanks. And with the BNT's... you still get that pretty iridescent stripe =)

DarkRider7th

Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hey guys i'm back sorry for the late reply.

I have decided to get the BNTs (I finally seen some & I love their colors!), how many should I get? I was thinking 6.

& could I in put something else like some sort of bottom dweller like cories or will I be fullystocked with just the BNTs?

If not then I'll just get me some more ghost shrimp

Paigee

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
You could for sure get a snail or two! They are kind of fun to watch. I'm no expert on stocking, and tend to want to overstock, so I'll let someone else guide you on the bottom dwellers.

Wait for more replies, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say you might be able to get a few pygmy cories in there.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom