What tank to get?

Narnia4FishLife

So I'm a first-time fish keeper and want to get into the hobby to have nice decorations and some pets. I want something with personality but obviously won't get too big. For the size of the tank, I'm open to anything under 20 gal. I understand the basics and water changes etc. I have an idea of what fish I want to keep but can't find the right option of tank to best suit it. There are no lfs where I live so my best resource is Amazon or Petco/Petsmart. I want a community tank, heavily planted aquarium with a HoB filter on the back. These are the options that I like.
Centerpiece fish:
GouramI (Honey, Dwarf or Sparkling)
Betta (Mostly because you can find them in Petsmart or Petco)
Schooling fish:
Tetra (Black neon or some other hardy tetra)
Rasbora (Harlequin probably)
Bottom dweller:
Corys ( I really want a panda cory but anything less than a 20 gal long wouldn't be fitting)

5 gallon tank:
Betta plus some anubias or amazon sword (Probably cheapest option but not favored)

10 gallon:
I still don't know about this one.
Aquarium Co-Op suggested for GouramI + small tetra + corydoras
I think this is too small of a tank for this option but idk
Maybe I will think about having a species-only tank, a schooling fish would kind of be cool.

20 gal long:
Definitely GouramI + Emperor tetra or Black neon tetra + Panda Corys
I really like this option heavily planted but my tank options are limited

5 gallon tanks aren't hard to find neither expensive. But I want something unique but if it comes down too limited, I'll probably stick to the betta.

10 gallon tanks, Petco has the $1 per gallon sale. Basically $10 for a 10-gallon tank. But this doesn't come with a lid. I was thinking of doing it DIY, but I'm really not sure about that. I could also buy a starter kit (I was thinking about this one, Top Fin® Essentials Aquarium Starter Kit | fish Starter Kits
but apparently the LED lights and filter and heater are absolute trash.

20 gallon long tank, Again Petco has the $1 per gallon sale. $20 for a 20 Long is a very nice deal. But we run into the same problem on no lid. And apparently Aqueon lids don't fit. I could go to like Home Depot and buy glass and a rI'm for the holding of the lid, but the LED light is a problem. I don't plant and don't want to spend $50 on a light for the 20 gallon because if you haven't noticed I'm on a budget. But I guess if it comes down to the light we could get it. Again with the aquarium kit, the LED light is trash but idk.

So, in conclusion, I've thought ALOT on this tank just to make it perfect for the little space I have. I have set my mind on this hobby and am really not willing to go back. Thanks for reading my lecture on my aquarium problems.
Sincerely, Narnia

rskogl2

Narnia4FishLife said:
So I'm a first-time fish keeper and want to get into the hobby to have nice decorations and some pets. I want something with personality but obviously won't get too big. For the size of the tank, I'm open to anything under 20 gal. I understand the basics and water changes etc. I have an idea of what fish I want to keep but can't find the right option of tank to best suit it. There are no lfs where I live so my best resource is Amazon or Petco/Petsmart. I want a community tank, heavily planted aquarium with a HoB filter on the back. These are the options that I like.
Centerpiece fish:
Schooling fish:
Bottom dweller:
Corys ( I really want a panda cory but anything less than a 20 gal long wouldn't be fitting)

5 gallon tank:
Betta plus some anubias or amazon sword (Probably cheapest option but not favored)

10 gallon:
Maybe I will think about having a species-only tank, a schooling fish would kind of be cool.

20 gal long:

5 gallon tanks aren't hard to find neither expensive. But I want something unique but if it comes down too limited, I'll probably stick to the betta.

10 gallon tanks, Petco has the $1 per gallon sale. Basically $10 for a 10-gallon tank. But this doesn't come with a lid. I was thinking of doing it DIY, but I'm really not sure about that. I could also buy a starter kit (I was thinking about this one, Top Fin® Essentials Aquarium Starter Kit | fish Starter Kits

20 gallon long tank, Again Petco has the $1 per gallon sale. $20 for a 20 Long is a very nice deal. But we run into the same problem on no lid. And apparently Aqueon lids don't fit. I could go to like Home Depot and buy glass and a rI'm for the holding of the lid, but the LED light is a problem. I don't plant and don't want to spend $50 on a light for the 20 gallon because if you haven't noticed I'm on a budget. But I guess if it comes down to the light we could get it. Again with the aquarium kit, the LED light is trash but idk.

So, in conclusion, I've thought ALOT on this tank just to make it perfect for the little space I have. I have set my mind on this hobby and am really not willing to go back. Thanks for reading my lecture on my aquarium problems.
Sincerely, Narnia
Why don’t aqueon lids fit 20 gallon long? Also you can do a low-med light planted tank led for under $40 for a 20 gallon long. NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 30 to 36 Inch, 18 Watts

20g long lid Petco

Tank + Lid + LED + Heater + AC50 Filter= $130 give or take.

jinjerJOSH22

I'd go for the 20 long and build it up over time. You'll only regret not having a bigger tank in the future
As for Gourami, get a trio of Honey Gourami, they are without doubt the best for someone new to Gourami, they are adorable and not likely to cause any issues

kansas

There are youtube vids about DIY lids.

Noroomforshoe

Consider looking on craigslist for full tank set ups.

remember that gouram and betta can not be in the same tank.

Look for Nano schooling fish, blue eyed rice fish, chilI rasbora ect.. they are pretty much the only schooling fish for a ten gallon.

jinjerJOSH22

Narnia4FishLife said:
Centerpiece fish:
Schooling fish:
Bottom dweller:

5 gallon tank:

10 gallon:

20 gal long:

Sincerely, Narnia
I agree with you on the 10 gallon, I like Aquarium Co-op but 100% disagree with his suggestion for a Dwarf GouramI
A trio or group of Sparkling GouramI would work then maybe a Micro Rasbora school and/or Pygmy Corydoras depending on number of Sparklers.

Narnia4FishLife

rskogl2 said:
Why don’t aqueon lids fit 20 gallon long? Also you can do a low-med light planted tank led for under $40 for a 20 gallon long. NICREW ClassicLED Aquarium Light, Fish Tank Light with Extendable Brackets, White and Blue LEDs, Size 30 to 36 Inch, 18 Watts

20 gallon long lid Petco

Tank + Lid + Heater + AQ50 Filter= $130 give or take.
The Aqueon quality control is trash. Many of the reviews say there is 1/2 inch that it doesn't cover. The tank light is pretty good tho. And 130 sounds reasonable and sounds like something I could achieve.

jinjerJOSH22 said:
I agree with you on the 10 gallon, I like Aquarium Co-op but 100% disagree with his suggestion for a Dwarf GouramI
A trio or group of Sparkling GouramI would work then maybe a Micro Rasbora school and/or Pygmy Corydoras depending on number of Sparklers.
Would it not be too much biowaste? And sparkling gouramis will attack each other no?

rskogl2

Narnia4FishLife said:
The Aqueon quality control is trash. Many of the reviews say there is 1/2 inch that it doesn't cover. The tank light is pretty good tho. And 130 sounds reasonable and sounds like something I could achieve.
If you buy through Petco and don’t mind returns you could try it out and if the lid doesn’t fit just return it and you can DIY a nice lid.

Narnia4FishLife

And what tetras do you guys recommend? The neon tetras apparently aren't too hardy and some will die within the first hours/days. I was thinking of black neon or emperor. Black skirt tetras sound good but I want smaller micro tetras to create that really nice schooling effect

I'm a bit scared about the 20 gallon when I'm gone though. I have some friends that said they would take care of it when I'm gone but the 20 gallon long is pretty big. I guess I could hire aquarium maintenance but I'm just a bit scared for the transportation and ease of care for them. I'm usually out for 3 weeks in the summer.

Rev

Narnia4FishLife said:
And what tetras do you guys recommend? The neon tetras apparently aren't too hardy and some will die within the first hours/days. I was thinking of black neon or emperor. Black skirt tetras sound good but I want smaller micro tetras to create that really nice schooling effect
I just went in to my LFS and they had black emperor tetras in stock absolutely love those. Purple emperor tetra very nice as well. If you want something smaller ember tetras are awesome.

Narnia4FishLife

They could care for a 5 gallon and maybe a 10 gallon but 20 gallons is a bit long.

rskogl2

Narnia4FishLife said:
I'm a bit scared about the 20 gallon when I'm gone though. I have some friends that said they would take care of it when I'm gone but the 20 gallon long is pretty big. I guess I could hire aquarium maintenance but I'm just a bit scared for the transportation and ease of care for them. I'm usually out for 3 weeks in the summer.
I have a 30 gallon and leave for weeks and have never had an issue. Just get an Auto feeder

jinjerJOSH22

Narnia4FishLife said:
Would it not be too much biowaste? And sparkling gouramis will attack each other no?
Sparkler males will likely but they are social and should be kept in a group.
Honestly no, these fish are tiny and won't produce much waste, it's all about space.

rskogl2

Narnia4FishLife said:
They could care for a 5 gallon and maybe a 10 gallon but 20 gallons is a bit long.
If you’re worried about WC when you’re gone the AQ50 is over filtering and you can under stock and add some easy care live plants. Just set your tank up to do maintenance/WC every 3 weeks.

Narnia4FishLife

rskogl2 said:
I have a 30 gallon and leave for weeks and have never had an issue. Just get an Auto feeder
And water changes?

rskogl2 said:
If you’re worried about WC when you’re gone the AQ50 is over filtering and you can under stock and add some easy care live plants. Just set your tank up to do maintenance/WC every 3 weeks.
So like a HOB filter would suffice with live plants and auto feeder? Timer for light too

That would work because I have a maid that comes every week and I guess she could check on the fish

rskogl2

Narnia4FishLife said:
That would work because I have a maid that comes every week and I guess she could check on the fish
I’m not an expert but I think it would be fine. Start with a school of 6 tetras maybe black neons? Do a nitrate test after about 3 weeks and see where you’re at, if it’s under 40 which I’m sure it would be...you’re in the clear. From everything I’ve read it’s more about consistency than anything, even for WC. So set it up from the beginning with 3 week maintenance intervals in mind; like low bio-load and 50-60% WC every 3 weeks.

Inner10

For a small tank under 20 gallon I really love the Fluval Flex 15 gallon. The way the filter, the pump, heater and everything is hidden behind a solid piece of plastic is brilliant. Lots of extra space for biological media and pre-filter materials, tight fitting lid, decent light for low to moderate light plants etc.

Narnia4FishLife

rskogl2 said:
I’m not an expert but I think it would be fine. Start with a school of 6 tetras maybe black neons? Do a nitrate test after about 3 weeks and see where you’re at, if it’s under 40 which I’m sure it would be...you’re in the clear. From everything I’ve read it’s more about consistency than anything, even for WC. So set it up from the beginning with 3 week maintenance intervals in mind; like low bio-load and 50-60% WC every 3 weeks.
3 week maintenance intervals?

I might honestly downsize to a 10 gallon or 15 gallon. I might cut out the gouramI or the corys and add another fish. So the tetras plus another fish because if I can start and maintain a 10/15 gallon then I can always upgrade to a 20-gallon long community tank.

Inner10

Narnia4FishLife said:
I might honestly downsize to a 10 gallon or 15 gallon. I might cut out the gouramI or the corys and add another fish. So the tetras plus another fish because if I can start and maintain a 10/15 gallon then I can always upgrade to a 20-gallon long community tank.
They are the exact same amount of work. I know some people will say smaller tanks are harder because water parameters can change faster and there is some merit to that.

A 20 long gives you more fish options, but there are still lots of neat fish you can keep in a 10 gallon tank.

Once you get beyond 20 you have to start thinking logistically about doing water changes and the inconvenience of lugging buckets around.

Rev

Narnia4FishLife said:
The bigger the tank the easier it is to keep parameters in check. In that sense easier for your friends to maintain while you're gone. Also if you have them do feedings every other day there's not as much buildup of waste. Could get away with one water change in the middle of 3 weeks and be done with it. Or even none really.

NanoFish4Life

Noroomforshoe said:
Consider looking on craigslist for full tank set ups.

remember that gouram and betta can not be in the same tank.

Look for Nano schooling fish, blue eyed rice fish, chilI rasbora ect.. they are pretty much the only schooling fish for a ten gallon.
Yeah Craigslist has some people giving stuff away or selling very cheap in some instances. Someone by me was selling a 55gal tank with a heavy wood hood & stand and about 3-4 inches of substrate for $50obo...I want it bad but don't know where to put it and my 3yr old nephew has autism and likes to throw heavy stuff so I'd worry about 55 gallons spilling out if he cracked/broke the glass....

I bought a 20 gallon long on the Petco dollar per gallon sale they seem to do those frequently. I used $5 in rewards so got it for $15. I've been thinking about buying a glass top from Petco or PetSmart and some lights off eBay. My understanding is the 30" lids will fit the 29 gallon and the 20 gallon long. I've also thought about the DIY lids.

Narnia4FishLife

Inner10 said:
They are the exact same amount of work. I know some people will say smaller tanks are harder because water parameters can change faster and there is some merit to that.

A 20 long gives you more fish options, but there are still lots of neat fish you can keep in a 10 gallon tank.

Once you get beyond 20 you have to start thinking logistically about doing water changes and the inconvenience of lugging buckets around.
I’m not worried on the amount of work, I’m worried about when I’m gone my friend could care for it. I don’t think they would want to care for a 20 gal tank at their house

But I guess I wouldn’t have to worry about that because I guess you could auto feed it and the filter would be flowing

Just still superstitious on the whole leave your tank at home with a machine dumping food in idea

Inner10

Narnia4FishLife said:
I’m not worried on the amount of work, I’m worried about when I’m gone my friend could care for it. I don’t think they would want to care for a 20 gal tank at their house
You're not going to move a tank, once it's nfull of water that's it until you break it down. If someone is looking after your tank is exactly the same amount of work for them to do a 10 gallon or a 20.

NanoFish4Life

Narnia4FishLife said:
Centerpiece fish:
Schooling fish:
Bottom dweller:

5 gallon tank:

10 gallon:

20 gal long:

Sincerely, Narnia
FYI I bought 2 of the Top Fin Essentials 10 gallon starter kits back in December when they were half price @ $32.50ea...they were again this weekend but the sale ended tonight. Anyways I love mine and my Anubius, Hornwart, and Banana Plant/Banana Lily are growing like weeds! You can't beat the value of the 10gal or larger IMHO since they come with a heater too. If I buy it all separately I'm looking at about $10-$15 for a 10gal tank, $10-$15 for a heater, $8-$15 for a HOB filter, $4 for a net, $3 for a thermometer, $24 for a LED lighted hood...so $32.50 is a steal...about half of what you can build one for with similar components. Plus you can get a Tetra whisper air pump on Amazon for $4 and a 1 to 4 single or dual sponge filters for $5-12 and even use one in conjunction with the HOB which is what I'm doing in one of them at the moment. I got 4 dual head sponge filters for $10.82 or so with Amazon subscribe & save then just cancelled the subscription.

ghostdawg

I have a 10 gal, but I wished I had gotten at least a 20...I'm limited on stocking the 10 for now!

Nataku

I wouldn't go smaller than a 20 long for a first time tank. You've got some good advice going in here already.
Smaller tanks fluctuate in parameters far more rapidly. 10 gallons are known for having massive shifts in just a couple days if they aren't over filtered and understocked.
Even a 20 long isn't a big tank, but, massively better than a 10.

Get yourself plenty of live plants going in there, they help not only to filter the water but also help provide natural foraging for fish feeding on the biofilm. Especially with smller fish like the gouramis, small tetras and corydoras, the plants also help keep stress levels low.
The suggestion given on the set up with the NICREW light earlier in the thread is an excellent one. I use NICREWs on all my tanks from a 29 through a 220. They are cheap and work great to grow low to medium light plants.

I suggest easy plants to start with like anubias, anacharis, and java fern, as well as floating plants like guppy grass, hornwort and dwarf salvinia.

Why would the tank be at your friend's house while you were away? That would require breaking down your tank to move it and then having to set it back up there. And then when you get back having to break it all down and move it again to get it back to your house. No no no. Leave the tank where it is. If its already set up and cycling your maid that visits once a week can top off the water lost from evaporation if its needed. Anyone can pour water into a tank, this is a no brainer. Just have the jugs with dechlorinated water already sitting aside and marked 'for fish tank'. Doesn't get any easier.

Overfilter, heavily plant, understock. Do that and a tank can easily go 3 weeks without a water change. I experiment with my tanks regularly. I can go a month+ without a water change, simply adding RO water back to a tank to cover evaporation and my nitrates will never climb above 10. Why? Because I plant the ever living daylights out of my tanks and keep them relatively understocked.

Cinnabar

Hey there, if you’re open to stocking suggestions I have to mention danios. They’re great little schooling fish and they’re very hardy, especially good for beginner fish keepers. Plus they constantly zoom around the tank, very interesting to watch. I’m especially fond of the longfin varieties, very graceful and energetic.

NanoFish4Life

WhatsUpGuys said:
Hey there, if you’re open to stocking suggestions I have to mention danios. They’re great little schooling fish and they’re very hardy, especially good for beginner fish keepers. Plus they constantly zoom around the tank, very interesting to watch. I’m especially fond of the longfin varieties, very graceful and energetic.
Plus if you're in the USA both varieties are on sale right now at Petco @ 5 for $5 through March 7th so it's a win, win. I've been getting female guppies and Ember Tetra's on the 5 for $5 sale.

Rev

WhatsUpGuys said:
I second danios. I've got Tinwinis in my 10 gallon and they are awesome! Super active flashy little things. Very pretty. I'd love to get a big tank with a huge school of danios one day see what that's like.

Narnia4FishLife

I'm so excited now! I will definitely keep danios in mind and start out with a colony of tetras or danios.

Cea22

Id go with a 20. My first tank ever was a 10 and I quickly noticed how little you can do with a 10 and ended up buying a larger tank within a few months anyways

Narnia4FishLife

Do you guys have any recommendations for Danios? I'm not the guy for zebra or leopard danios. Because if not then I would probably go with the tetras. And I'm guessing based on your responses you can go to Petsmart for these fish.

Dewclaw83

Regarding the lid, you can always just tape some saran wrap on top. Cheap and easy. No super pretty though. On my 20L, I taped it securely, then cut a square partially out of the middle, and tape that so it's easy to lift up to feed or for maintenance (Folding the edge of the tape under so it's easy to grab)

Rev

Narnia4FishLife said:
Do you guys have any recommendations for Danios? I'm not the guy for zebra or leopard danios. Because if not then I would probably go with the tetras. And I'm guessing based on your responses you can go to Petsmart for these fish.
Not sure what petsmart's got. I have TinwinI Danios and they're awesome highly recommend. Celestial Pearl Danios are freaking awesome and they're small so you can have more of them in the tank. Tinwinis are a hair larger than CPDs. There's also pearl danios, kyathit and erythromicron (emerald dwarf danio/rasbora).

NanoFish4Life

My PetSmart has zebra danios and long fin zebra danios. My Petco has the celestial pearl danios aka Galaxy Rasbora's right? The regular and long fin danios are on sale at my Petco now 5 for $5.

rskogl2

NanoFish4Life said:
My PetSmart has zebra danios and long fin zebra danios. My Petco has the celestial pearl danios aka Galaxy Rasbora's right? The regular and long fin danios are on sale at my Petco now 5 for $5.
The long-fin danios are really awesome! I'd recommend; especially hardy and pretty fun to watch school.

Narnia4FishLife

Dewclaw83 said:
Regarding the lid, you can always just tape some saran wrap on top. Cheap and easy. No super pretty though. On my 20L, I taped it securely, then cut a square partially out of the middle, and tape that so it's easy to lift up to feed or for maintenance (Folding the edge of the tape under so it's easy to grab)
I was thinking more about buying glass from home depot and buying this

Slide the glass in and it can be fit into the lid.
With handles online and some time of superglue

And is it worth it to buy a starter kit or buy them separately from petco $1 per gallon sale.

Dewclaw83

Narnia4FishLife said:
I was thinking more about buying glass from home depot and buying this
Stabilit 852 1/2 in. x 3/4 in. x 96 in. PVC Composite White Outside Corner Moulding-10004-ZW096CB - The Home Depot
Slide the glass in and it can be fit into the lid.
With handles online and some time of superglue
I don’t know anything about that.... just thought I’d offer a cheap lid option since you had asked

Narnia4FishLife

Dewclaw83 said:
I don’t know anything about that.... just thought I’d offer a cheap lid option since you had asked
Oh lol didn't mean to be rude just sharing how I saw it on Youtube lol

Dewclaw83

Narnia4FishLife said:
Oh lol didn't mean to be rude just sharing how I saw it on Youtube lol
Nope! You weren’t rude, I just can’t help you with that lol - all my tanks have Saran Wrap, I know nothing about making your own lid otherwise

The_fishy

Narnia4FishLife said:
And is it worth it to buy a starter kit or buy them separately from petco $1 per gallon sale.
The Petco dollar per gallon sale just wrapped up, put pet supplies plus just started theirs. Personally, I buy my things separately because I prefer different equipment than what the starter kits come with.

Definitely consider looking on Facebook yard sale and the like if you want to get some deals.

Narnia4FishLife

Dewclaw83 said:
Nope! You weren’t rude, I just can’t help you with that lol - all my tanks have Saran Wrap, I know nothing about making your own lid otherwise
Idk Saran Wrap kind of looks tacky and unreliable. I think for me the glass is the way to go.

The_fishy said:
The Petco dollar per gallon sale just wrapped up, put pet supplies plus just started theirs. Personally, I buy my things separately because I prefer different equipment than what the starter kits come with.

Definitely consider looking on Facebook yard sale and the like if you want to get some deals.
No pet supplies plus near me! But definitely will keep looking. Are Craigslist used tanks any good?

Petco does price match tho.... So I guess the same tank they have in stock would be $20?

ope just kidding the don't price match with them.

Maybe the best thing would be getting this, Grreat Choice® Aquarium Starter Kit | fish Starter Kits

I think I just might wait for the next $1 per gallon sale at Petco. But idk there is a craigslist listing which pictured a 20 gallon long tank, but he put a bunch of random hardware stuff inside the aquarium. Just scared it might leak. Selling it for $25.

Rev

Narnia4FishLife said:
I think I just might wait for the next $1 per gallon sale at Petco. But idk there is a craigslist listing which pictured a 20 gallon long tank, but he put a bunch of random hardware stuff inside the aquarium. Just scared it might leak. Selling it for $25.
If you're scared it might leak it can always be resealed. Buying used can be great. Very cost effective especially with larger tanks if you can work them down.

Narnia4FishLife

And are tetras or danios ok to buy at Petco or Petsmart? There is a LFS in a near suburb that can order fish. They are pretty reliable or I can also order on Aquahuna (Aquahuna because they don't force overnight shipping. And their prices are pretty cheap)

Rev

Narnia4FishLife said:
And are tetras or danios ok to buy at Petco or Petsmart? There is a LFS in a near suburb that can order fish. They are pretty reliable or I can also order on Aquahuna (Aquahuna because they don't force overnight shipping. And their prices are pretty cheap)
Absolutely safe. Just give them a good look over while you're they're and don't get ones that are in bad shape or obviously sick. And while quarantining is overall recommended even more so with chain store fish, they don't go through the same standard of quarantine and meds as most LFS provide.

Narnia4FishLife

Rev said:
Absolutely safe. Just give them a good look over while you're they're and don't get ones that are in bad shape or obviously sick. And while quarantining is overall recommended even more so with chain store fish, they don't go through the same standard of quarantine and meds as most LFS provide.
Aquarium salt and general cure for medications? And if I see ich or anything else I cure it like that? Because I'm most likely going to start with danios or tetras. So I can just put them in the 20 gallon and cure as if they were in quarantine. If I want another species I would get another tank?

wishkahryan

Just bought a 20 long from petco I ordered it offline for 26 dolars then picked it up in store I get all my filters and lights off amazon. I already had a filter but am getting a heater and light for under 50 bucks and I have all my tanks open top. But I think you can get a marineland penguin for a 20 gal for like 16 dollars.

Narnia4FishLife

wishkahryan said:
Just bought a 20 long from petco I ordered it offline for 26 dolars then picked it up in store I get all my filters and lights off amazon. I already had a filter but am getting a heater and light for under 50 bucks and I have all my tanks open top. But I think you can get a marineland penguin for a 20 gal for like 16 dollars.
Sadly the $1 per gallon sale is over

NanoFish4Life

Narnia4FishLife said:
I get all my fish at PetSmart and Petco because they have very knowledgeable staff and keep everything clean. I especially love the variety at my local Petco that's about 12 minutes away, it's 10 times better than the Petco 20 minutes away that one just has white coulds, goldfish, platy's, swordtails, zebra danios, basically just a boring basic selection.

The Petco closest has only freshwater and tons of variety, they even have large flower horn cichlids, at least a half dozen varieties of Rasbora's, probably 2 dozen or more varieties of Tetra's, Pea Puffers, the whole 9 yards and the aquatics manager said she'll order anything I need...oh and they have a ton of plants, like 10 times more than any other big box store I've been to.

I wanna place an order with Aqua Huna someday they have great prices, some stuff cheaper than stores even after the $12.99 shipping. The mom & pop fish stores are about 25-30+ minutes away and I haven't been yet but wanna check them out.

Petco has lots of Tetra's on sale and some danios and female guppies @ 5 for $5 thru March 7th.

Scubatron

Id say the 20 long

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom