What tank is Betta 2 gallon vs 3 gallon

BlueberrytheBetta

What tank is better the white rimmed one is a 3 gallon and the other one is 2 gallon
I can put plants in both

Attachments

• IMG20220511193130.jpg
    IMG20220511193130.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG20220511193121.jpg
    IMG20220511193121.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 37

PeterFishKeepin

H,mm, 3 gal is better then 2 gal, but shape of tank isn't best option, the substrate isn't IMO a good choice and is there any filter? Heater?

airfix2

What tank is better the white rimmed one is a 3 gallon and the other one is 2 gallon
I can put plants in both
I know from your previous posts that you were not allowed a heater. it looks like the 2 gallon has one and it looks as if you convinced the people you live with that a heater wouldn´t be wasting too much electricity. i would say the 2 gallon because of this.

BlueberrytheBetta

I can move the stuff from t he 2 gallon to the 3 gallon

Whats better for my fish

Nopsu

3 gallons for sure, even more would be preferable

BlueberrytheBetta

The only thing with the 3 gallon is it's shape
I just double checked how big the tanks are and the white rimmed one is 2.5 gallon not 3 gallon would it still be better than the 2 gallon

peachsonas

+1 vote for the 2 gallon. It’s not really ideal but I feel like the shape of the 3 gallon isn’t really optimal either.

BlueberrytheBetta

Ok I'll keep him in the 2 gallon

PeterFishKeepin

sorry BlueberrytheBetta

please dont take this the wrong way but,
i have noticed almost every time you post a thread you only give a very short discription or even a couple words, it would be very helpful if you could write a little bit more if your able because it helps us with giving you advice.

Peter

WRWAquarium

Out of the two I vote the 2 gallon. The 3g looks to have less actual swim space and not very practical for maintenance.

Sell the 3g and put towards an upgrade to a 5 gallon? :)

Nopsu

sorry BlueberrytheBetta

please dont take this the wrong way but,
i have noticed almost every time you post a thread you only give a very short discription or even a couple words, it would be very helpful if you could write a little bit more if your able because it helps us with giving you advice.

Peter
I was also wondering what kind of filter there is or any since you tried asking, I could not see in the picture

bettasXD

+1 vote for 2 gallon. The shape is much more practical then the 2.5 gallon one.

Also, what's the temperature of the tank at? Just want to make sure its not too low. If the temperature is too low, you could convince the people to get let you get a heater by showing them how little electricity it uses. How much electricity it uses should be stated on the packaging of the heater.

airfix2

+1 vote for 2 gallon. The shape is much more practical then the 2.5 gallon one.

Also, what's the temperature of the tank at? Just want to make sure its not too low. If the temperature is too low, you could convince the people to get let you get a heater by showing them how little electricity it uses. How much electricity it uses should be stated on the packaging of the heater.
totally agree with you. However, the location of the person who created this thread is apparently in australia, so that might mean that room temp is tropical.

e_watson09

The more traditional shaped tank is going to be best. The white one yes the fish could live in but the shape takes away from swimming space and it reduces the surface area at the top which bettas use.

BlueberrytheBetta

The lowest the room gets is 18 degrees Celsius

Nopsu

You should keep temp in tank atleast 24 degrees

bettasXD

The lowest the room gets is 18 degrees Celsius
That’s way too low. You definitely need a small heater.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
betta06
Replies
Views
Smalltownfishfriend
  • Question
Replies