What Tail Betta

BettaGirl93

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
When I purchased my betta he was so young that he was mislabeled as a female. I thought it was a crowntail. Now that he's grown I think the previous observation was of fin damage and he's probably a veiltail. What do you think?
(Note, after some aggressive shrimp theres still some fin damage to heal. I took all but two shrimp back to the store and haven't noticed any new damage.)
20180418_203127.jpg
20180418_203158.jpg

Mom2some

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That is a beautiful fish! Stunning. But I don’t know anything about tail shapes sorry.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I’d guess delta unless his fins grow more and start to droop. Can you count how many times his tail ray splits?

Fieryskys

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Doesn't quite have the spread of a half moon, though that could change as he grows older. I'm going to say he's a good looking Delta tail

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I think 9 times.
That is rosetail territory and his tail is not folding or flowy (thick) enough for that, he is a delta tail. The rays are at the very edge of the tail (and other fins) where you need to count them, not closer to the body. He might verge into super delta depending on how wide he flares, halfmoon is a full 'D' 180, under that to 130 degrees is super delta, under that is just delta.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom