What Tail Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by BettaGirl93, Apr 18, 2018.

1. BettaGirl93

BettaGirl93 Valued Member Member

When I purchased my betta he was so young that he was mislabeled as a female. I thought it was a crowntail. Now that he's grown I think the previous observation was of fin damage and he's probably a veiltail. What do you think?
    (Note, after some aggressive shrimp theres still some fin damage to heal. I took all but two shrimp back to the store and haven't noticed any new damage.)
    20180418_203127.jpg 20180418_203158.jpg

2. Mom2some

Mom2some Well Known Member Member

That is a beautiful fish! Stunning. But I don’t know anything about tail shapes sorry.

3. Demeter

Demeter Fishlore VIP Member

I’d guess delta unless his fins grow more and start to droop. Can you count how many times his tail ray splits?

4. Dandelion-Dream

Dandelion-Dream Valued Member Member

Not a betta expert, but he looks to be a Delta or Halfmoon.

5. Fieryskys

Fieryskys Valued Member Member

Doesn't quite have the spread of a half moon, though that could change as he grows older. I'm going to say he's a good looking Delta tail

6. Tsin21

Tsin21 Well Known Member Member

He's a delta tail.

7. OP
    OP
    BettaGirl93

BettaGirl93 Valued Member Member

I think 9 times.

8. J

Jaden New Member Member

He is a halfmoon betta

9. Mcasella

Mcasella Fishlore VIP Member

That is rosetail territory and his tail is not folding or flowy (thick) enough for that, he is a delta tail. The rays are at the very edge of the tail (and other fins) where you need to count them, not closer to the body. He might verge into super delta depending on how wide he flares, halfmoon is a full 'D' 180, under that to 130 degrees is super delta, under that is just delta.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice