What Store To Get Fish.

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by Daniel Price, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Daniel PriceValued MemberMember

I am afraid of accidently getting an adused fish and have it die on me even after the nitrogen cyle is done properly.

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

Don't get it from big box- only small non-chain stores. From there pick an active fish with no fin rips, no bent spine and good gill function.

3. OP
    OP
    D

Daniel PriceValued MemberMember

What if they are "special"? So a local store have better quality fish and in store care. Is tetra a good first choice in little deco in tank. (Will add more ) And would the ghost shrimp be a good idea to add along with snail, or just snail for clean up crew?

4. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

Got it, yes local stores are better. Yes, if you buy specials just buy ones that look very healthy.

Tetras would be fine in a relatively bare tank. How big is the tank?

If you have nerite snails, shrimp won't be necessary.

5. Mary765

Mary765Well Known MemberMember

What country do you live in?

6. Smalltownfishfriend

SmalltownfishfriendWell Known MemberMember

Local is always better.. check to see if the tanks have dead fish in.. that's a sign of poor care if you ask me!!!

7. OP
    OP
    D

Daniel PriceValued MemberMember

A 10 gal with java moss in a corner with gravel, black stones, and blue glass pebbles
    i added a used median yesterday to help with cycling.

United States

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2018
  8. Mary765

Mary765Well Known MemberMember

Oh fair. If you were the UK I could have reccomended some shops

9. love A FishNew MemberMember

My bad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice