What Species Is This Fish?

Fallinway21

I’ve had this school of black neon tetras for months now and I’m just curious as to what this one fish is. Definitely not a black neon and got mixed in back when I bought them. It schools with the rest and doesn’t know he/she is different.. haha just curious. Haven’t seen anything online that looks like it with the red in the tail.

Attachments

• F3B18D08-7E36-4175-93A2-3C2A7055BAE3.png
    F3B18D08-7E36-4175-93A2-3C2A7055BAE3.png
    666.6 KB · Views: 40

Fallinway21

Yep! It sure is, thank you!

DoubleDutch

Great fish !

Fallinway21

For sure! It has a different personality than the rest of the black neons. More active and curious.

Debbie1986

That is good to know! I need a different fish to restock my 38 gallon. I have 5 black neons, so I may try out that kind with a school for some activity.

Feohw

Yeah. Out of the species I've kept rasboras are more active and interesting than tetras. With danios being even more so. This guy would appreciate some conspecifics if you can find them though.

Fallinway21

Yeah. Out of the species I've kept rasboras are more active and interesting than tetras. With danios being even more so. This guy would appreciate some conspecifics if you can find them though.

I 100% agree. But he hangs out with the pack and is even hard to find sometimes because of how he schools with the rest. I’m at max capacity in my 20 gallon tall though.

Fallinway21

That is good to know! I need a different fish to restock my 38 gallon. I have 5 black neons, so I may try out that kind with a school for some activity.

As I’m sure you do, I really like my black neons but if I had a larger tank, I’d for sure add as school of them.

Redshark1

Is the Rasbora a female? It seems to be doing well so like you I would not worry about it being a sole member of its species. It's probably grateful for not having competing males chasing it around.

Nice fish and one I haven't yet kept.

Fallinway21

Is the Rasbora a female? It seems to be doing well so like you I would not worry about it being a sole member of its species. It's probably grateful for not having competing males chasing it around.

Nice fish and one I haven't yet kept.

I really have no idea if it’s male or female. I’m not sure what to look for to tell. But yep! Doing well.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Latrell
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
xpolkadotkittyx
Replies
Views