Help what sort of 'goldfish' is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

warrington

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi i'm relatively new to the hobbie and i'v just rescued this little fella from a bowl!! I'v no idea what he is (possibly a vieltail?) and any help identifying would b gr8 so i can give him a happy home thats if he is a he?

Attachments

Last edited:

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
to FishLore!

I'm sorry nobody has been able to help yet but sometimes you just need to be patient. I'm sure of the members that have viewed your post, none of them know too much about the fish in question so they don't want to give you bad information (no information is MUCH better than bad information). We've got plenty of knowledgeable members here and I'm sure you'll get help soon Good luck

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't know a huge amount about goldies but it looks like a white veiltail to me. It's sort of hard to tell with the pics being sideways.

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Do veiltail goldfish have 2 tails? From the pictures, yours looks like it only has one. And based on the long slender body shape, it might be a comet (I believe veiltales have rounder bodies).

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
welcome to fishlore!!
I don't know a huge amount about goldies but it looks like a white veiltail to me. It's sort of hard to tell with the pics being sideways.
+2 I agree with nutter...maybe fantail/veiltail combo? LOL both look allot alike to me

OP
W

warrington

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
hi thanks guys i dont kno why the pics are like that? iv deleted them and re uploaded them but the same still! When viewing them on my system library they are the correct way. so we're leaning towards the veiltale it seems...

peacemaker92

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
+3 with above. It could be a veiltail but if I turn my head, it looks like a comveil (comet+veiltail) lol

Where did you rescue him? An LFS or? He is adorable and beautiful

OP
W

warrington

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my partners grandparents had the fish but they have recently emigrated no one seems to know much about it really. i'm thinking he's a comet now lol i see pics online then think its that one then i'll notice a difference in characteristics and he'll be something else. also when you say a fish is 'white' are we talking white white or pearlescent cos this fella aint white lol he also has quite a bit of yellow colouring especially in the face and fins

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Weekly

Votes: 88 66.2%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 24 18.0%

Top Bottom