what sort of 'goldfish' is this? Help

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by warrington, Apr 21, 2010.

1. warringtonNew MemberMember

hi i'm relatively new to the hobbie and i'v just rescued this little fella from a bowl!! I'v no idea what he is (possibly a vieltail?) and any help identifying would b gr8 so i can give him a happy home :) thats if he is a he?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. warringtonNew MemberMember

14 views and not a single comment!

3. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

:sign0016: to FishLore!

I'm sorry nobody has been able to help yet but sometimes you just need to be patient. I'm sure of the members that have viewed your post, none of them know too much about the fish in question so they don't want to give you bad information (no information is MUCH better than bad information). We've got plenty of knowledgeable members here and I'm sure you'll get help soon ;) Good luck

4. NutterFishlore VIPMember

I don't know a huge amount about goldies but it looks like a white veiltail to me. It's sort of hard to tell with the pics being sideways. :)

5. funkman262Well Known MemberMember

Do veiltail goldfish have 2 tails? From the pictures, yours looks like it only has one. And based on the long slender body shape, it might be a comet (I believe veiltales have rounder bodies).

6. ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

welcome to fishlore!!
    +2 I agree with nutter...maybe fantail/veiltail combo? LOL both look allot alike to me

7. warringtonNew MemberMember

hi thanks guys i dont kno why the pics are like that? iv deleted them and re uploaded them but the same still! When viewing them on my system library they are the correct way. so we're leaning towards the veiltale it seems...

8. MeenuFishlore VIPMember

welcome to fishlore. :)

9. peacemaker92Well Known MemberMember

+3 with above. It could be a veiltail but if I turn my head, it looks like a comveil (comet+veiltail) lol

Where did you rescue him? An LFS or? He is adorable and beautiful :happy0034:

10. MaddieLynnWell Known MemberMember

I'm thinking maybe some very fancy shubunkin, or maybe a shubunkin crossed with a fancy? I'm not sure.

11. AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello and Welcome to Fish Lore.
    Check out the above link and see if it helps.
    I hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken

12. warringtonNew MemberMember

my partners grandparents had the fish but they have recently emigrated no one seems to know much about it really. i'm thinking he's a comet now lol i see pics online then think its that one then i'll notice a difference in characteristics and he'll be something else. also when you say a fish is 'white' are we talking white white or pearlescent cos this fella aint white lol he also has quite a bit of yellow colouring especially in the face and fins

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice