What Small Size Is Good For A Betta

1. Alphafish98

Alphafish98 Member Member

hello, can someone give me some suggestions if i can put a Betta in a 1 gallon bowl or is that not good for them? Because I’m thinking of getting more Bettas but don’t know if a 1 gallon bowl is good or not, advice would be helpful.

2. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

Unfortunately they need at least a 2.5g or preferably a 5g. Also bowls are hard cause finding filters and heaters (which the bettas need) for them isn't easy.

3. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

, well thanks for the help I really appreciate it, I’m just trying to find a best way to keep 3 Bettas, not together but in a good enough size tank for it’s not to much but oh well thanks.

4. kayla.s

kayla.s Well Known Member Member

A cheap option may be to buy a long 15g/20g and divide it up into 3 section with mesh. Then you could get away with one heater and one filter. I'd try block the fishes view of one another by putting Moss on the mesh :)

5. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Maybe that I’ll look into it thank you for the help.

6. butterflylanding

butterflylanding Initiate Member

I just bought 2 5.5 gallon tanks from Petco for 13$ and change apiece. A small heater set a 78 degrees from amazon was 8$ and change a couple months ago. The 10 gallon was 14$ something cents. Go as large as you can. It’s not only better for the fish but better for you too. The water is much easier to stabilize in a larger tank.

7. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

I personally do not believe that a 2.5 gallon is too small for bettas, except certain tail types. You cannot keep plakat, king, or crosses between or with those tails.

I still wouldn’t keep a HMPK in a 2.5 gallon nor would I keep a DPK.

8. Galathiel

Galathiel Well Known Member Member

I have kept bettas in 2.5 gallon tanks before and they were 'fine'. I've since moved them to at least 5 gallon tanks and they are much happer and more active.