What Small Size Is Good For A Betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Alphafish98, May 20, 2018.

1. Alphafish98

Alphafish98Valued MemberMember

hello, can someone give me some suggestions if i can put a Betta in a 1 gallon bowl or is that not good for them? Because I’m thinking of getting more Bettas but don’t know if a 1 gallon bowl is good or not, advice would be helpful.

2. kayla.s

kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

Unfortunately they need at least a 2.5g or preferably a 5g. Also bowls are hard cause finding filters and heaters (which the bettas need) for them isn't easy.

3. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

, well thanks for the help I really appreciate it, I’m just trying to find a best way to keep 3 Bettas, not together but in a good enough size tank for it’s not to much but oh well thanks.

4. kayla.s

kayla.sWell Known MemberMember

A cheap option may be to buy a long 15g/20g and divide it up into 3 section with mesh. Then you could get away with one heater and one filter. I'd try block the fishes view of one another by putting Moss on the mesh :)

5. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Maybe that I’ll look into it thank you for the help.

6. butterflylanding

butterflylandingNew MemberMember

I just bought 2 5.5 gallon tanks from Petco for 13$ and change apiece. A small heater set a 78 degrees from amazon was 8$ and change a couple months ago. The 10 gallon was 14$ something cents. Go as large as you can. It’s not only better for the fish but better for you too. The water is much easier to stabilize in a larger tank.

7. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

I personally do not believe that a 2.5 gallon is too small for bettas, except certain tail types. You cannot keep plakat, king, or crosses between or with those tails.

I still wouldn’t keep a HMPK in a 2.5 gallon nor would I keep a DPK.

8. Galathiel

GalathielWell Known MemberMember

I have kept bettas in 2.5 gallon tanks before and they were 'fine'. I've since moved them to at least 5 gallon tanks and they are much happer and more active.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice