What size tank would be appropriate for 3 lavender Gourami?

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size tank would be appropriate for 3 lavender Gourami? Is a lavender Gourami a different coloration Blue Gourami?

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Good morning FLGirl,

It isn't recommended to house more than 1 Gourami per tank due to territory and aggression issues. I have seen mention of Sparkling Gouramis doing well together.

I'm sure you'll get more responses.

Ken

claudicles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My source, 500 Freshwater Aquarium Fish by Greg Jennings, lists multiple synonyms or Blue Gourami.
Scientific name: Trichogaster trichopterus
Common names: Blue, Spotted, Two Spot, Three spot, Three Spot Cosby, Opaline, Opal, Platinum, Lavendar, Golden, Amethyst, Brown, and Hairfin.

I'm with Ken on avoiding two together due to aggression.
If you get one, a photo would be nice

FLGirl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks! No, I'm not getting one. Though they are very cool. I was offered 3 free that are living together in a tank with other fish. (I think they are 3-4 inches right now) I was pretty sure they get way to big for anything I could get right this minute but after just a quick search I definitely knew it was not possible but couldn't couldn't figure out what exactly was the appropriate (trying to figure out if maybe I could make it possible hee hee) I didn't realize you shouldn't even keep more than one though. I passed on them but maybe someday! Thanks again!!!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads