What size tank for new setup?

kippielynn

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
So in the process of upgrading my goldfish. I could use some advice as I have made bad decisions thus far :/ I currently have 1 black moor, a shubunkin- too fast for the black moor so feeding if difficult- and a copper veiltail goldie= 3 total. I was thinking of getting a 55g due to the stand size that fits my space best, but open to larger if needed. Ideally I want them to have pairs so no one is alone, so maybe 6 total goldfish, which would mean at least 60g (I think) is that enough? Any suggestions on type of tank- thinking short and long right? And what about good tank mates for goldfish if I go bigger?

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would look into a 75. That extra 6 inches is really nice. You might be able to do minnows with them. A few might get eaten but their cheap.

FishBoy101

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
A 75 is easier to come by as well. A 75 would be fine. Some tank mates could be some tiger barbs. Also, @david11978 I LOVE the rule 1 and rule 2 XD.

johnbetta

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
a 75 gal tank is better for the fish in the long run as they will get really big with gold fish a bigger tank is better in the long run compaired to a small tank for the fishies well being

New Threads