What should i put in with my betta?

ezra

Hi there! So i recently got an 8 gallon tall, and i have a young koi female betta i want to put in there. Im also going to be putting in shrimps and a snail. I would really like to put in some mosquito rasboras and/or rosy loaches, but if i give both species a full school of 6, im Way overstocked. Any suggestions for similar fish that require smaller schools? I want small schooling fish for the middle ground, and at least one small bottom feeder to keep the sand clean.

BigManAquatics

Some of those tanks can be difficult. You got a picture of the tank?

Upvote 0

emilymg

Hi there! So i recently got an 8 gallon tall, and i have a young koi female betta i want to put in there. Im also going to be putting in shrimps and a snail. I would really like to put in some mosquito rasboras and/or rosy loaches, but if i give both species a full school of 6, im Way overstocked. Any suggestions for similar fish that require smaller schools? I want small schooling fish for the middle ground, and at least one small bottom feeder to keep the sand clean.
Shrimps can be risky with a betta.

Upvote 0

awilkinson871

Personally I think 8 gallons is a bit small for a betta and a school of fish. Some bettas do not appreciate tankmates either. I would start with a snail which will help with the debris on the bottom and algae clean up if necessary. Some bettas will eat shrimp so if you want those make sure you add lots of live plants and places to hide and let the tank mature enough to keep them safe.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

Sometimes a Nerite snail is the only tank mate for a Betta. Mine hates shrimps. Make sure you have a back up plan!

Upvote 0

veggieshark

I don't think you are in a "middle schooler" and "bottom dweller" with "centerpiece" situation with an 8g tall. You have to keep it minimal. It is either betta maybe + some inverts with betta being the main character, or a tiny schooler with shrimp and plants for the nano look.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Livxaa
Replies
Views
ghostguy420
  • Question
Replies
Views