What should i put in my tank? 5 Gallon Tank

1. kimoore Member Member

I now have fish-less 5 gal tank in my living room. I would like to put something in it. Currently, there are RCS and MTS, java moss (all tied down,) and some grass looking stuff. Thanks in advance!

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

3. kimoore Member Member

wont the frogs eat my shrimp? and i dont have to have a way for them to get out of the water? I am kind of liking the idea of Least Killifish. How many?

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

The frogs ate all my real small Shrimp. Once they get a bit bigger, they are fast enough to get away. They are also fully aquatic, and I disagree with anyone even letting them have access to get out the water. They get into trouble like that :;nin2

All male (they are small, just over 1/2 inch) Least Killies, 8 or so, but mixed sex, like 5 or 6, and be ready to catch babies :)

5. kimoore Member Member

I dont know anything about ADF's, just curious. What colors do the LK's come in? It would be pretty perfect if they were really colorful. Also, how big do endlers get?

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Least Killies in brown and brown :p Here are my guys (they are actually a lot darker, but the camera said "NOOOO!" XD):

[​IMG]

Endlers get 1-2 inches, depending on male or female, pure or hybrid.

7. kimoore Member Member

oh man! any other smalled fish like the LK's that are really colored up that you can think of?

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

9. kimoore Member Member

what about some Neon Tetras? they might be too active tho for a 5 gal.

10. kimoore Member Member

Lol! Hate'n on dem fish! I like their patterns, but i was looking for color. I just might do ADF's. Since they are fully aquatic.

11. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

:giggle:

Neons are too active for a 5 gallon.

12. kimoore Member Member

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Heh, good luck with that!

Lol not really, you just have to be persistent. I caught mine, but I've seen them on AquaBid, and they are starting to become popular, so keep a sharp eye out! Its kinda like finding pure endlers for a decent price :p

14. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member