10 Gallon Tank What should I put in my 10g

BigManAquatics

A betta would work. Could do 2-3 livebearers maybe, but you would have to make sure to get only males or they would breed you right out of the tank quite fast.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

A betta would work. Could do 2-3 livebearers maybe, but you would have to make sure to get only males or they would breed you right out of the tank quite fast.
I already have a betta in a 5g, also how sharp the driftwood is and how strong is the water current, I can’t put a betta in there, but as for the livebearers , don’t they need to be in groups? If so I could happily put 3-4 male guppies in there if I didn’t find ember tetras anywhere.

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

3-4 could work. The important part is all male so they can't breed, as the females often come pregnant from the store anyway.

Also, a dwarf gourami could be an option as well. Though shrimp may be in danger with one of them! Well, any baby shrimp would be in possible danger with about any fish.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

3-4 could work. The important part is all male so they can't breed, as the females often come pregnant from the store anyway.

Also, a dwarf gourami could be an option as well. Though shrimp may be in danger with one of them! Well, any baby shrimp would be in possible danger with about any fish.
Ok good to know that male guppies could work, I am just worried about nipping each other

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Ok good to know that male guppies could work, I am just worried about nipping each other
Certainly a possibility.

Upvote 0

Yeoy

It might be worth waiting a few days or a week and seeing if you can find embers or another small fish (tetras/rasboras) that takes your eye. Male guppies together is usually fine but I feel bad keeping males only as 99% of their personality if chasing females.

Upvote 0

Hobbyist

It might be worth waiting a few days or a week and seeing if you can find embers or another small fish (tetras/rasboras) that takes your eye. Male guppies together is usually fine but I feel bad keeping males only as 99% of their personality if chasing females.
What kind of rasboras would you recommend , and how many in a 10g ? I see them more often than ember tetras

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RayClem
  • Question
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views