What should i feed the fish in my 90 gallon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

corycat32

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I have 1 black ghost knife, 5 tiger barbs,1 african ropefish, 8 serpae tetras,2 angelfish, 1 rainbow shark, 3 kuhli loaches, and 1 elephant nose. what should i feed them? i have been putting 2 raw shrimps in there, chopped up of course. and pellets, 1 cube of frozen bloodworms, and tetramin flakes. what should i be feeding them and how often? i have only had them all for a week.

Last edited:

e_watson09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You added all of those fish within a week? How long had the tank been running before that. I do not really think all those fish will do well in a tank together. I highly reccomend rehoming many of them especially since you just started this tank.

Kunsthure

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I can't advise on specifics because I've never had any of those fish but most fish benefit from veggies in their diet. Peas are a big hit, zucchini, lettuce, spinach, broccoli, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash and potatoes are all good. Some people even give their fish apples and oranges!

-Lisa

ranga97

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Yes, you need some vege matter in there, even if it's floating or sinking, algae wafers could do te trick, if you don't have time to chop up natural vegetables. The rest of you food is pretty much fine, although those fish combinations aren't a favourite.
Just alternate between the foods every day or two.
Like, one day give them some shrimps and a few pellets, and the next use the frozen bloodworms and flakes. Use some vegetable matter on all days. With how much to feed them, only what they can consume withing around 2-3mins, varying on your fish's size and personality. As soon as you see the fish leaving food you know that they are getting full, although they may still look hungry.
Remember the rule, "only feed what the fish can consume within three minutes"

Best of luck
Ranga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom