What Should I Feed My Kribs?

alex nowicki
Hey so i’ve heard to get kribs to spawn and be more active and healthy they need a rich diet. which foods would be best to feed them? I would love to hear suggestions of pellet/flake foods as well as frozen foods

Gypsy13
One of my peeps uses HikarI sinking pellets. He feeds mainly veggie diet high in algae. His treats are shrimp, black worms, daphnia, peas and zucchini. He feeds live and frozen shrimp worms and daphnia. They’re beautiful fish. He breeds to sell. Good luck.
Oh. Post pics of yours please.

alex nowicki
One of my peeps uses HikarI sinking pellets. He feeds mainly veggie diet high in algae. His treats are shrimp, black worms, daphnia, peas and zucchini. He feeds live and frozen shrimp worms and daphnia. They’re beautiful fish. He breeds to sell. Good luck.
Oh. Post pics of yours please.

thanks so much that’s very helpful!

IMG_0805.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg

here is the pair!

Attachments

• Image1530398103.061325.jpg
    Image1530398103.061325.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 138
alex nowicki
sorry I posted 2 of the male by accident

coma1224
Beautiful fish. I've been thinking about putting them in my new 36g when I get it cycled. Oh, just realized they probably will need a bigger tank.

alex nowicki
Beautiful fish. I've been thinking about putting them in my new 36g when I get it cycled. Oh, just realized they probably will need a bigger tank.

no that tank size is plenty! just remember they can be pretty aggressive when breeding and or guarding eggs.

angelcraze
Nice looking pair Kribs are not difficult to breed and they are usually great parents that bring up the young. My pair of kribs were only aggressive with the fry when they spawned for a second time. The male would disappear in the cave for a week, taking care and guarding the eggs. It's actually fascinating to watch the parents orient the babies around the tank for the first time in a big baby cloud. The babies stay real close to the parents, under the mama's purple belly. She will twitch her belly when she feels any danger alarming the babies at which time they all obey and instantly fall motionless to the substate just below. It's fun to watch them do their thing.

I've found that nutrition is more important than feeding treats. If a pair is well nourished, are kept in great water conditions and parameters, they will breed without much coaxing. Water changes encourage my SA fish to breed, sometimes using new water a tad bit colder can stimulate a stormy season.

I like to use pellets (personal preference due to less mess). Omega One, NLS and NorthFin are some good quality staple foods. HikarI gold is to be avoided because they include fillers like corn, not good for fish. I rotate the gold quality staple foods and limit frozen and FD treats once a week. Fluval bug bites are also great hit, but I limit that to once a week as well because of the pea protein. I also make sure to throw a veggie pellet in the staple mix at least once a week too.

Good luck with your kribs Are they alone in the tank? What size of tank?

alex nowicki
Nice looking pair Kribs are not difficult to breed and they are usually great parents that bring up the young. My pair of kribs were only aggressive with the fry when they spawned for a second time. The male would disappear in the cave for a week, taking care and guarding the eggs. It's actually fascinating to watch the parents orient the babies around the tank for the first time in a big baby cloud. The babies stay real close to the parents, under the mama's purple belly. She will twitch her belly when she feels any danger alarming the babies at which time they all obey and instantly fall motionless to the substate just below. It's fun to watch them do their thing.

I've found that nutrition is more important than feeding treats. If a pair is well nourished, are kept in great water conditions and parameters, they will breed without much coaxing. Water changes encourage my SA fish to breed, sometimes using new water a tad bit colder can stimulate a stormy season.

I like to use pellets (personal preference due to less mess). Omega One, NLS and NorthFin are some good quality staple foods. HikarI gold is to be avoided because they include fillers like corn, not good for fish. I rotate the gold quality staple foods and limit frozen and FD treats once a week. Fluval bug bites are also great hit, but I limit that to once a week as well because of the pea protein. I also make sure to throw a veggie pellet in the staple mix at least once a week too.

Good luck with your kribs Are they alone in the tank? What size of tank?

thanks so much for the help! how often should I water change? they are alone in a 10 gallon breeder currently

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Salth2onewb
Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
Kribensis Luva
Replies
Views