What Should I Do?

AceFish

I didn't know what group to post this to but I figured this might work. Anyways I bought a pack of plants from Amazon and they have a chemical smell, I'm worried that I will put them in my tank and it will hurt my fish. Should I boil them? Just let them air out? Idk what I should do
1565037724859.jpg

PeteStevers

More than likely its just the smell of plastic. But, to be safe you could always give them a dip in just under boiling water (5 - 10 seconds or so). I'd hate to see you damage them. But I think just a few seconds in really hot water would remove anything.

Skavatar

there's a lot of sellers on Amazon that sell knock off products. can you link the products? cheap Chinese made products can contain toxic chemicals.

AceFish

Skavatar said:
there's a lot of sellers on Amazon that sell knock off products. can you link the products? cheap Chinese made products can contain toxic chemicals.
Ofc. CNZ Aquarium Decor Fish Tank Decoration Ornament Artificial Plastic Plant Green 10pcs Grass 12-inch

Skavatar

According to the reviews, a few customers advise against using it b/c of the strong chemical smell. But there's also quite a few positive reviews. A few said they let it air out outside, a few said they soaked it for a few days in a bucket of water. You could try that.

But personally I wouldn't use them. The plastic plants I bought from Petco/PetSmart didn't have any odors at all.

pagoda

If you didn't want to waste what you spent on them you could try something like this maybe...

Interpet - Plastic Plant & Ornament Cleaner - 100ml

Latest threads

Top Bottom