What should I do

Discussion in 'Brackish Tanks Forum' started by PuffPuff, Jul 15, 2015.

1. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

I assume my puffer has ick. He was in freshwater when I purchased him and I acclimated him into a brackish. What should I do to cure him

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2015
  2. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

If he is in a brackish tank now i would only raise the temp to the highest for that species and do regular water changes

3. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

well last night i did some reasearch and there is a massive amount of info and products. but i did stumble upon heat + salt. so i just turned up the heat as you stated. i hope if goes away. i feed it bloodworms, should i soak them in anything?
    thanks smee82

4. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

5. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

For the future, it would be better if you uploaded photos to fishlore rather than posting on an external site. I usually won't even click external links except to youtube, but I clicked on yours. The photos on postimage are so small even blown up that I can't even see if your fish has white spots on his body.

ICH looks like salt sprinkles on the scales. If his issue doesn't look like that, he has some other ailment, and we'd need clear, much larger photos in order to help ID it.

6. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

It looks like ich. I will try to upload them from my computer within the hour. Right now the heat is up at 80 degrees.

7. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  8. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

I would try to get it at least at 82. 85 is preferable if the fish can tolerate it.

9. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm Included Well Known Member Member

Move your salinity up to 1.010.
    ICH can be found in saltwater and freshwater, but they are 2 different species. Freshwater ICH dies off above 1.008, saltwater ICH dies below this. Most diseases can be dealt with in a brackish tank by moving up and down the salinity.

10. OP
    OP
    PuffPuff

i will add more salt and turn up the heat to 82 degrees tonight then

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice